Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 15, 2020

Re: NC 700 disable noise cancel using hardware button

Is it possible to set up a long press to turn all ANC off?

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 15, 2020

Bumping this thread. Just bought these headphones. Would like to be able to turn off NC.

Used to have the PXC 550 and they had this feature. Think I may return these headphones with hopes they will add this feature in the future

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jan 17, 2020

I would love to see this feature in the app, for example as an option for the configurable button. 

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 16, 2019

By the way, there is one more annoying thing: even if you disable the NC, it will be enabled back when you restart the headphones, despite “remember noise cancellation” being enabled.

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Feb 2, 2020

I would also like to weigh in my support for this feature. I get listing fatigue when using ANC for too long. It's especially not needed when in a quiet bedroom or hotel room at night. Should be able to change a setting to enable you turn off the ANC with a hardware button and keep that as default when turning the headphones off and on.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 10, 2016

I also would like this feature to be added, having to use my phone to disable NC is very inconvinient.

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Feb 9, 2020

I absolutely agree with this and I add my case, when walking in a windy area the microphones pickup wind noise no matter the NC level, 10 is better than the horrific 0 in this situation but it is still annoyingly noisy, switching it off is the best case in this situation, the cups completely seal my hears so there’s already a good level of acoustic isolation which is ruined by the microphone even in level 10. Needing to connect to the app for such a basic feature is ridiculous, specially when it not only takes ages to connect but the switch is so buried in under many menus. The existing one physical button to toggle NC levels should suffice if “off” could be added as one of the 3 options.

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Feb 2, 2020

Can we have an update from Bose support on this issue? Seems like a pretty easy update to the app and the firmware to allow you to set "OFF" as an option for the customizable ANC levels. Why aren't we gaining any traction on this?

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Feb 9, 2020

Any news on this? it’s really annoying, I was using them on a bus ride, it got bumpy and again, just like with the wind noise, the mic created distortion, only by switching the NC completely it went away, it is absurd that I have to open an app to do this when most headphones in the market including the previous Bose QC allow you to do this in the headphones themselves.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 15, 2020

Hello all,

just wanted to reply to this thread because it seems this has become something Bose is not willing to address. Considering the time it has been since last activity and still no update.

Is it true that there is no intention of adding the feature? Dose that include ‘Remember my last setting’ will continue not to remember ‘off’ as a setting?

The 700 are perfect if it wasn’t for this flaw and I greatly wish I could simply say they are perfect no disclaimer needed. 

Wishfully,

Dylan