Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 22, 2020

Re: NC 700 disable noise cancel using hardware button

+1 these are my first ANC Headphones and even I miss this feature even though I’ve never used one.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 31, 2020

Hi: I made an account literally so I could add to this discussion. Please. I am begging you. Just let us turn the freaking noise canceling off. I don't always want it on. It can't possibly be that hard. 

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 2, 2020

I’m guessing that this isn’t going to happen. When turning off the noise cancellation, my headphones updated to the latest firmware.  The punchy bass is gone and the noise cancellation is now nerfed.  They probably have the toggle in the application so you have to have their spying app on your device, and also so it will auto update the firmware.  The noise cancellation takes away from the resolution of the audio and shrinks the soundstage.  I’m probably not going to keep these and suggest you do the same.  They don’t sound very good compared to the Sony’s and honestly, I’ve heard better headphones for $100. Let’s face it, Bose doesn’t care.  This is something that could be easily fixed.  I could do it in 15mins. Remember what Bose stands for... Buy Other Sound Equipment.  

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jun 4, 2020

Upvoting this great idea

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Apr 29, 2020

This doesnt work, there must be three options chosen and 0 is not off

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Apr 29, 2020

Come on Bose, get us this basic feature or tell us why you won't. This has been running over a year. I am at the point of annoyance with having to open the app every time I turn the headset back on that I am considering selling on eBay and getting a pair which can be disabled, easily.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 22, 2020

This is a baffling design decision. Please, Bose, make "off" one of the settings in "favorites"!

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jun 25, 2020

I bought 700 nc headphone today. I was so surprised to find out that I couldn't turn off the NC by hardware. Maybe I am too used to airpod pro. NC level 5 or any other level of NC is "different" from listening to NC off. As I read in this forum, many people request this for very long time but still didn't added the feature. I guess this wouldn't happen. I am glad I can easily give up on my hopes and return these headphones tomorrow. I will just go and buy a different headphone that has this feature. 

THIS SHOULDN'T BE THAT DIFFICULT TO CHANGE. THINK ABOUT WHY ALL OTHER COMPANIES HAVE NC OFF AS A BASIC OPTION. OTHER THAN YOU HAVING TO GO INTO A SLOOOW APP AND ALSO DIG IN DEEP INTO THE SLOOOW APP TO FIND " NC OFF". PLEASE GUYS. I WOULDN'T BE SO FRUSTRATED IF THIS HEADPHONE WAS A BAD HEADPHONE. HARDWARE AND EVERYTHING IS PERFECT. JUST CARE A LITTLE ABOUT USER EXPERIENCE. IF THIS IS LIKE IMPOSSIBLE TO CHANGE, AT LEAST PUT "NOISE CANCELLING OFF" TOGETHER WITH 0-10 LEVEL OF NOISE CANCELLING AS 12TH OPTION. I LOGICALLY DON'T GET THE REASON WHY YOU NEED TO HIDE THE "NOISE CANCELLING OFF" OPTION DEEP INSIDE THE APP.

I ALSO FEEL MORE COMFORTABLE LISTENING TO ANC OFF WHEN I AM IN A QUIET ENVIRONMENT. I WOULD ONLY TURN ON THE NC IF I AM ON THE AIRPLANE OR NOISY ENVIRONMENT. 

PLEASE GUYS TAKE THIS SERIOUSLY AND CHANGE IT PLEASE. I AM DESPERATELY SAYING THIS BECAUSE I THINK THIS WOULD BE A PERFECT HEADPHONE FOR ME IF THIS IS CHANGED.

Maybe you sent it to the wrong department. Please check one more time and look into this problem. This is not a preference issue. This is just wrong. Thank you.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 26, 2020

Same thing here. Just made an account out of frustration for needing a phone constantly to switch NC off. The feature should be a must-have and cannot see why it cannot be implemented. 

These are supposed to be high-end headphones. Bose should have already addressed this with the thread being going on for so long.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 7, 2020

Fixed it! Sort of... well, on Android devices at least.

I got annoyed with this to, so I wrote an Android app that provides a single press quick link to temporarily turn off all noise cancelling on the Bose 700.

The app is free, no adverts, and I've made it open source: https://github.com/danielgjackson/noisecancel/ (you can install from the Play Store link at the bottom, or directly use the APK if you prefer... or even build it yourself!)

Please note that this is NOT an official app, it is provided "as is", no warranty is given, and users must accept liability.