Notice

The Bose Community Forum was launched at a time when robust online support was not available for Bose customers. Over the past several years we have added new online service channels that provide a more interactive and complete digital experience. Additionally, we have enhanced the My Bose Account capabilities to deliver a more personalized and self-service experience. As a result, Bose has made the decision to close Community Forum for Consumer electronics products on September 30th. The Bose Pro portion of the Community will still operate as usual.

Please visit our support homepage to experience one of our many other digital service channels or simply use your Community log-in credentials to sign in to your My Bose Account to view your orders and view support options.

Thank you to all who have contributed and benefited from interacting in our Community. We look forward to continuing to serve you online.

Regards,
Bose Customer Service Team
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mstraw
Participant
Registered since

May 22, 2020

Re: NC 700 disable noise cancel using hardware button

This would be very useful! Long press on the ANC button would be lovely

Rah9742
Contributor
Registered since

May 22, 2020

+1 these are my first ANC Headphones and even I miss this feature even though I’ve never used one.

dexson
Participant
Registered since

May 28, 2020

I would also like to have this feature updated to the ANC 700.

Thanks and best regards,

Dex

Lbibass
Participant
Registered since

May 31, 2020

Hi: I made an account literally so I could add to this discussion. Please. I am begging you. Just let us turn the freaking noise canceling off. I don't always want it on. It can't possibly be that hard. 

krash3x
Participant
Registered since

Jun 2, 2020

I’m guessing that this isn’t going to happen. When turning off the noise cancellation, my headphones updated to the latest firmware.  The punchy bass is gone and the noise cancellation is now nerfed.  They probably have the toggle in the application so you have to have their spying app on your device, and also so it will auto update the firmware.  The noise cancellation takes away from the resolution of the audio and shrinks the soundstage.  I’m probably not going to keep these and suggest you do the same.  They don’t sound very good compared to the Sony’s and honestly, I’ve heard better headphones for $100. Let’s face it, Bose doesn’t care.  This is something that could be easily fixed.  I could do it in 15mins. Remember what Bose stands for... Buy Other Sound Equipment.  

Ben91
Collaborator
Registered since

Jun 4, 2020

Upvoting this great idea

Ben91
Collaborator
Registered since

Jun 4, 2020

Amen to all the great people that posted this idea before me, I really hope that despite the lucklaster responses from Bose, this will still be considered. It surprised me that this wasn’t even an option in the app at all.

sean-muirhead
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 29, 2020

This doesnt work, there must be three options chosen and 0 is not off

sean-muirhead
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 29, 2020

Come on Bose, get us this basic feature or tell us why you won't. This has been running over a year. I am at the point of annoyance with having to open the app every time I turn the headset back on that I am considering selling on eBay and getting a pair which can be disabled, easily.

boseuser9082345
Participant
Registered since

Jun 22, 2020

This is a baffling design decision. Please, Bose, make "off" one of the settings in "favorites"!