NIR
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 17, 2020

NC 700 discoloration

Bought my NC 700 in Madrid, September 2019. they have been losing the coating and the color has been changing, now I live in Romania. is it any way to fix them?  I tried looking for support local office but cannot find any in Romania. thank you

IMG-8789.jpgIMG-8790.jpgIMG-8791.jpgIMG-8792.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community_Admin

Re: NC 700 discoloration

Author Accepted Answer selected by NIR

Hello NIR,

Welcome to the community. 

I am so sorry to see what has happened to your Noise Cancelling Headphones 700. 

Please reach out to your local support team where an agent can assist you. For support in Romania, please select this link. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
madbooba
Advisor
Registered since

Mar 16, 2020

@NIR,

Could you please upload few pictures? (drug and drop to the post window) To show others.

It's sad...these are very buggy headphones, we're waiting for months, to Bose fix all the software issues, many people are returning it right now, and buying new Sony xm4, I will one of them probably.

NIR
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 17, 2020

sure @madbooba , thanks for your feedback.
I gotta say, I really like the Bose, I had the sony MDR-XB950N1 but the weak plastic structure made me keep looking (maybe because I use them daily for 8hr at least), anyway, about quality, comfort and noise cancelling feature I have no complains, just I believe for the price we shouldn't be having these kind of problems, even if they are just aesthetic.   

As a side comment, I think sony has better app than Bose, I use deezer and all the "3D effects" are just missing in bose's side.

On the other hand, I find better the Mic in Bose's headphones than in sony. Hope you find my comment useful somehow.

Community_Admin

Author Accepted Answer selected by NIR

Hello NIR,

Welcome to the community. 

I am so sorry to see what has happened to your Noise Cancelling Headphones 700. 

Please reach out to your local support team where an agent can assist you. For support in Romania, please select this link. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.

View solution in original post

lostn
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 18, 2020

it's not just you who has this problem. This guy got it even worse after 3 months.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZW_K_sXXQQc

The quality control is terrible. Not to mention borked performance after firmware updates which are not optional.

This is the quality of Bose 700 silver headphones I bought in Indonesia (Tokopedia). A product that costs about 600 Australian Dollars!!I love the sound! But...
NIR
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 17, 2020

Just as an update.

I got in contact with the local support; I have to say,  they were very kind and eventually they sent a delivery service to pick up the headphones ( last week). I'll keep you posted about the result in my case, so far so good.

Best regards!

NIR
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 17, 2020

The office in Romania fixed my issue. basically in a week I got a new set.

I hope the others having the same issue can find a solution soon as well. Good luck!

madbooba
Advisor
Registered since

Mar 16, 2020

@NIR 

I hope you get black version this time, otherwise you can expect the same problems again...😶

sinhabhishek
Participant
Registered since

Dec 20, 2020

Seems like this issue is pretty common in these headphones (and this color). As someone who was eagerly waiting for these headphones, I ordered them within a month of their release date last year. Less than 1.5 years later, I'm left very disappointed with these headphones. I generally used them for 1-2 hours on an average every other day. A few months after the purchase, the silver color started to fade away from different places on the headphones (images attached). It almost seemed like Silver paint rusting and chipping off. At first, I thought I was the only one facing this issue but the Bose Community seems to have other such complaints for the same color and product. The cushion on the ear pads also started tearing off little by little and today, it's a pretty ugly sight to see (again, images attached). Considering that I was one of the first people to shell out $400 to buy these, being asked to pay almost 75% of that amount less than 1.5 years later for a replacement seems a bit unfair. Discoloration above the ear padsDiscoloration above the ear padsEar cup cushion tearEar cup cushion tearDiscoloration near the headbandDiscoloration near the headband

Cavesjoshua
Participant
Registered since

May 24, 2021

NC 700 discoloration

I absolutely love my Bose NC 700 headphones, but over the past few months the paint has chipped a bit but thought it might be unintentional wear and tear but this discoloration as well as what looks like cracking and peeling is obviously a bigger problem than just normal scratches or scuffs. I'm outside of my limited warranty, is there any way to go about fixing or replacing this?

A0E78AC8-B79A-4965-8EBA-E479805D50DA.jpeg