Highlighted
Bashmaster
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 20, 2019

NC 700 does not mute

I am unable to mute calls when paired to my iPhone via Bluetooth. I just purchased these. The firmware is 1.1.4

As per the manual, I press and release tbe voice assistant button (lower right) to no avail. 

Anyone know what the issue might be? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: NC 700 does not mute

Author Accepted Answer selected by Bashmaster

Thank you for your confirmation of this Bashmaster. 

I would firstly recommend that you perform a reboot of your headset. Instruction on how to do this can be found below; 

• Disconnect all cables from the headphones
  • Connect one end of the USB cable to a USB-A wall charger or computer that is powered on
  • Press and hold the Power/Bluetooth® button while connecting the small end of the USB cable into the USB-C port on the right earcup
  • Release the Power/Bluetooth button after 2 seconds

Also when you are on a call, please attempt muting directly through the mobile device to test whether or not this works.

Please let us know!

Tegan M 

5 REPLIES 5

Hello Bashmaster,

Thank you very much for your message, I am very sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue with muting calls on your Noise Cancelling Headphones 700. 

Can you confirm that your Bose Music App is also up to date?

Have you tried this across multiple devices?

How do you tend to take phone calls? Is this via your network or over services such as Whatsapp or Skype?

We would love to get this resolved for you. 

Tegan M - Community Support 

Bashmaster
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 20, 2019

Bose Music is up to date. I have only tested while making a normal phone call from my iPhone. I expect this to be the most common use case. 

Author Accepted Answer selected by Bashmaster

Thank you for your confirmation of this Bashmaster. 

I would firstly recommend that you perform a reboot of your headset. Instruction on how to do this can be found below; 

• Disconnect all cables from the headphones
  • Connect one end of the USB cable to a USB-A wall charger or computer that is powered on
  • Press and hold the Power/Bluetooth® button while connecting the small end of the USB cable into the USB-C port on the right earcup
  • Release the Power/Bluetooth button after 2 seconds

Also when you are on a call, please attempt muting directly through the mobile device to test whether or not this works.

Please let us know!

Tegan M 

Pushkar
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 29, 2019

Hi,

It works well for conference call using zoom or Skype but mute button does not work .

Mute works fine for call made from mobile phone directly or using WhatsApp.

Could you please help.

Hello Pushkar, 

Thanks for reaching out today. 

I am sorry that you are facing issues with your Noise Canceling 700 headphones and I would love to assist. 

Having tested this personally, I was able to get the audio to mute on the apps by pressing the mute button within the app. 

Please can you try this and let me know how you get on. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W