Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 5, 2019

NC 700 - excessive static noise on phone calls

When connected to my phone (iphone7) on a cellular call or via wifi (facetime audio, etc) I am getting an excessive amount of static noise...this is not happening during any other usage times....any suggestions ?

The other usage applications of the headphones are wonderful...especially the NC....the reported crystal clear phone call quaility is one of the primary reasons of my purchase of the NC 700s

appreciate everyone's help 🙂

+ravi

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 25, 2019

Re: NC 700 - excessive static noise on phone calls

I'm experiencing the same thing.

Someone please advise

Highlighted

Hello, 

We're sorry to hear that you are experiencing some static when taking calls with your Noise Cancelling Headphones 700. 

Can you please inform us of how you make your calls? Is this via an online service such as Whatsapp?

Can you also inform us on all the devices that you experience this issue with?

Please let us know, we would love to do what we can to assist. 

Kind regards,

Tegan M - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 25, 2019

Thanks for the quick response!

I connect to my iPhone Xs Max and take calls via the normal phone.

I hear major static like I'm on an airplane (when I'm not, and just sitting in a quiet room)

The person on the other line sounds distant as well. Literally just bought these headphones 2 days ago.

Please advise to solutions.

Side note, it works fine when I'm listening to apple music, Spotify etc.

Highlighted

Hi Jfitle91, 

Thanks for confirming this for us. 

I would firstly suggest that you check for any available firmware updates for your headphones. This can be done via a computer using a USB and visiting our firmware update website btu.bose.com

How have you also had your headphones connected to your iPhone, have you connected via the Bose Music App?

Please let us know! 

Many thanks, 

Tegan M 

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 25, 2020

Exact same problem here..

Did you manage to solve it?

The app says the firmware is up to date..

Need a solution here please!

Highlighted

Hi alfonsoCA, 

Thanks for joining the discussion.

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with excessive static noise. Is this just during phone calls? What happens during WiFi calls/VOIP app calls?

What troubleshooting have you attempted already besides checking for firmware updates? 

I'll look forward to hearing from you! 😊

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 25, 2020

It's the same excessive static noise during Wifi calls.

It works fine with the wired aux connection tough . It's very strange.

I've tried different OS (iphone's, One+'s, Xiaomi's)

Is it a hardware problem?

Highlighted

That is unusual, Alfonso.

If you haven't, please check for firmware updates as this may help resolve any potential issues. Visit this link on your computer to update.

If the problem persists, please reach out to local support to discuss service. 

Thanks,