jeroenpotjer
Participant
Registered since

Mar 16, 2020

NC 700 headphones - mic turns off in skype

When I try to use my NC 700 headphones for skype calls, the mic disconnects after a few minutes. I can still hear people on the other end, but they cannot hear me.

I've tried setting the auto shutoff setting to 'never' and also disable the setting that it auto shuts off when no movement.

Can someone please help?? Headphones are pretty useless to use in office if this doesnt work!!

14 REPLIES 14
MavXD
Advocate
Registered since

Jan 20, 2020

Re: NC 700 headphones - mic turns off in skype

I have the same problem when using skype on my Surface Book 2.

Toons114
Advocate
Registered since

May 25, 2019

Impossible to work with it ! It is a shame regarding this period where people have to Maximise work at home ! Bose don't care even care  is this period to solve their own pbs and give people the ability to work with a headset that is supposed to do at least the easiest job 

Jessie_O

Hi everyone! Thank you for your posts, I'll be happy to look into this issue for you. 

Can you tell me what troubleshooting steps you have tried already?

What source device are you all using?

Do you experience the same issues with other devices? Or on voice calls?

I look forward to hearing from you!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
jeroenpotjer
Participant
Registered since

Mar 16, 2020

Thanks for helping!

The PC is a HP ZBook Studio G5 X360 Mobile Workstation.

Tried to reset the headphones by plugging in the cable while holding the on/off button.

Keith_L

Thanks for the extra info jeroenpotjer.

Performing a reset on the headphones is a great place to start for troubleshooting this so thank you for trying that and letting us know.

I am interested to know whether this is only happening with Skype for you as well. Have you tried using the headphones for calls on a phone, or using other VoIP call software on your computer? 

I would definitely recommend making sure your headphones are fully up to date using our Device Updater on a computer and following the on-screen instructions.

Another great step would be to clear the pairing between the computer and your headphones. To do this on the headphones, you would want to power on your headphones, then press and hold the Power/Bluetooth on the right earcup for about 10 seconds until you hear a notification.

Let me know how you get on with these steps.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Daniel van Z
Participant
Registered since

Apr 17, 2020

Is there a fix for this problem? The reset isn’t fixing the problem. My Bose 700 headset is up to date and I have performed the reset. Disconnecting and then pairing isn’t helping as well. The forums are blowing up with users facing this problem. Please help

Dr. G.
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 17, 2020

I'm working from home full-time and am videoconferencing 8+ hours a day via Zoom, so I used that as an excuse to by myself a pair of NC 700s. I've connected the headphones to my MacBook Pro, my iPhone, and my iPad, and I can hear the Zoom audio, but the mic is muted so no one can hear me. Also, when I make videos with the iPad I would like to record my voice through the headphones but it's not working. I seem to be muted. Of course double-tapping the right earcup only starts my music, which is not what I want to do.

It looks like Bose has not replied to this thread in a month, so there's no fix. Since I can't use these headphones to work from home, I'll be returning them. 

Dr. G.
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 17, 2020

I just want to let everyone here know that Bose is not going to help you resolve this issue. I spent several hours researching a similar issue earlier this week, and since there was no response to this thread (or to several other similar threads) from Bose, I started a new thread that was specific to my issue (MacBook Pro and Zoom videoconferencing), but today I discovered that my post was deleted. I received an obnoxious note from Bose Community Forum admin telling me that my post was removed because my question was answered here. So I came back here to find the answer, and I see that there is still nothing from Bose and your issue appears to be unresolved. (I hope you've returned your headphones by now.)  It's shockingly horrible customer service, and I'm returning my NC 700 headphones.

I don't care if there is a fix for this issue. I can't spend $350 on a product that not only comes with no support/customer service, but also subjects the buyer to rude admins when they seek assistance in the forums

Good luck, everyone.

Daniel van Z
Participant
Registered since

Apr 17, 2020

So I did my recearch and got the headset working. Short story. Updating the driver for the internal Bluetooth didn’t help.  I bypassed the integrated bluetooth of my Windows 10 HP Zbook. I connected a TP link UB400 usb dongle. Used the dongle as the standard Bluetooth for my laptop. It’s a company laptop so it took Some time with our IT department. Then connect the headset and set as default communications device. Make sure to connect it as headset. Now it works great. Hope this helps. Best regards, Daniël