Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 17, 2020

NC 700 makes noise

My Bose NC 700 makes very sharp noises(almost like current sounds) when I pause the music. Everything is fine when I am listening to music but the short pause in-between songs are often filled with the noise in one or both of the ear cups (the noises are different in each ear). I thought I got a defected pair so I got a replacement. The replacement was fine for a good 3 days and then it started doing the same thing. 

I don't know if there is something with the design of the headphones? the noise is sharp and annoying. 

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted

Re: NC 700 makes noise

Hello tianl,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community.

I am sorry that you're experiencing some unexpected noises with your NC Headphones 700. I'd love to help.

Have you tried the headphones with another device? If so, does the same behavior occur?

Does this happen when connected by both Bluetooth and the audio cable?

I would first recommend ensuring your headphones are running the latest available firmware by visiting btu.bose.com on your computer.

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 17, 2020

The same issues occur when connected with other devices.

The noise only happens when connect via Bluetooth. I have checked with the updater and it is up to date 

Highlighted

Hi tianl,

Thank you for the update.

If you were to change the noise cancellation level on the headphones would this affect the sound you are hearing? Do you still get the same sound when you set noise cancellation to 0 as well? you can adjust this setting from the Bose Music app, or by pressing the noise control button on the left earcup.

It would be a good idea to reset your headphones as well. To do this you need to:

• Disconnect all cables from your headphones.
  • Connect the larger end of the USB charging cable to a wall charger or a computer that is powered on.
  • On the headphones, press and hold the Power/Bluetooth® button while connecting the smaller end of the USB cable to the right earcup. The Power LED should quickly blink twice.
  • Once connected, release the Power/Bluetooth button after two seconds.

Let me know how you get on with this.

Kind Regards,

Keith L

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 17, 2020

Changing the noise cancellation level does not make a difference in the noise.

And resetting the headphones didn't change anything either (The light did blink twice) 

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 17, 2020

And actually I was using it again today, the same noise is happening even connected with a cable.. It makes the sound when music, video (really anything that makes sound) is paused. and the noise stops after the music/video is started again

Hello tianl,

Thank you for trying these steps and confirming these details. 

At this point, we have exhausted the troubleshooting steps available and I would have to recommend reaching out to our local customer service team in order to explore your service options.

Global Contact Us > Select your country > Scroll to the bottom of the page > Click 'Contact Us'

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G