Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 20, 2019

NC 700 - media playing from two devices leads to choppy inaudible play back.

Has anyone else encountered a similar issue to this?

When I have two devices are connected to the headphones and there is media playing on both devices then the audio becomes really choppy & digitalised to the point that it becomes inaudible. 

Sometimes it is unavoidable that audio will start playing from a secondary device. ie a notification sound or an auto play video. And this choppy effect can last minutes after the media on the 2nd device has stopped playing.

I have owned sound link ii headphones for the past 3 years that have never had this issue.  It seemed that when using those headphones that there was a primary device and a secondary device. If audio was playing on the secondary device then you started playing on the primary device it would automatically switch to the primary device audio with pretty much zero lag.

When using the NC700 at the moment even when making sure that the audio is paused on one device then start playing on the other device it has taken up to 30-40 seconds to actually start playing through the headphones.

Does anyone know the way that the NC700 are selecting which device to play audio from?

I have tested this with multiple devices and variations of these devices, so i feel pretty confident this isn’t a device issue, and as said before using all the same devices connected to the sound link ii headphones there wasn’t any issue like this.

Have also gone through Power cycle & reboot resets but the issues still persists

Updated firmware on 19/07/19 via the bose updater. 

109 REPLIES 109
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 21, 2019

Re: NC 700 - media playing from two devices leads to choppy inaudible play back.

I have also experienced this quite often but have never had the issue with my QC35s.  I have two 700s and the issue is exhibited on both maybe every couple of days.  I connect primarily to many Windows 10 machines, Samsung Galaxy phones, and Alexa.  

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 3, 2019

Re: NC 700 - media playing from two devices leads to choppy inaudible play back.

happens to me too

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 12, 2019

I'm having this issue myself as well.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 15, 2019

Same here.

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Jul 2, 2019

Same here. It's fairly annoying and makes being connected to two devices simultaneously impossible.

For instance, I'd like to be connected to both my iPhone XR and my Macbook Pro at the same time. Even if I silence my iPhone, anytime a notification comes through the sound starts a cracking. Essentially, multi-device support is useless because of this as I'm forced to connect to only one device at a time to 100% avoid this issue.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 23, 2019

Yes. I have noticed this also. When connected to Samsung TV and Samsung Note. While watching TV, if audio plays on phone for notification, etc. TV signal becomes chopped.

Community Manager

Hey all,

Thanks for your messages and feedback. Sorry to hear that you're all experiencing a mixture of issues. 

I appreciate that you've already attempted a large amount of troubleshooting already, but I'd like some added clarity.

Have you performed a full Bluetooth reset on the headphones? This can be done by powering on the headphones, then pressing and holding the Power/Bluetooth on the right earcup for about 10 seconds until you hear "Bluetooth device list cleared". Then, delete the previous Bluetooth connection to the headphones on your connected device's general Bluetooth settings using the "Forget this device" or "Remove this device" function. Finally, re-pair the devices together again.

I also recommend performing a product reset. To do this:

1. Disconnect all cables from the headphones
  2. Connect one end of the USB cable to a USB-A wall charger or computer that is powered on
  3. Press and hold the Power/Bluetooth button while connecting the small end of the USB cable into the USB-C port on the right earcup
  4. Release the Power/Bluetooth button after 2 seconds

If the issue is still ongoing, we'd like to know some additional information:

• Does this issue specifically occur when receiving notifications, or does the issue occur at all points during playback?
  • What exact devices (including the exact associated operating systems/software, etc) are you using when paired simultaneously to the Noise Cancelling Headphones 700?
  • Have you updated the firmware of your headphones to the most recent version via the Bose Music application?

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Kindest,

Andy B - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 15, 2019

Bluetooth Reset - Yes

Headphone Reset - Yes (Appreciate you've fixed the reset instructions. The old ones were incorrect)

Additional information:

- Occurs when the headset is connected to two devices. (Stuttering and clicking noise)

- Macbook Pro 2018 - latest OS

- Iphone X - latest OS

- Yes

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 3, 2019

It just occurs after a notification comes through or after you pause on one device and play on the other.

iphone XR iOS 11

macbook pro 2018 macOS high Sierra

newest firmware