Contributor
Registered since

Apr 8, 2020

Re: NC 700 - media playing from two devices leads to choppy inaudible play back.

There are multiple threads and hundreds of users saying that this is an issue on this forum and other places. Unsure why Bose refuses to acknowledge this issue. It can be replicated extremely easily as well (unlike the noise cancellation issue they did a study on recently.) @Wayne_M could you please respond to these? 

Participant
Registered since

Apr 20, 2020

Re: NC 700 - media playing from two devices leads to choppy inaudible play back.

so ive had my 700s for almost a week now. the first few days it worked flawlessly switching between my windows 10 laptop and my iphone.

then on my 3rd night with them i paired with my ipad and it worked great.

next morning i could not get audio to play from my iphone an it would never stay connected. tried a nunch of things that morning but the only consistent experience was my ipad and laptop would switch back and forth.

went back to my airpod pros the rest of the day with my iphone

that night i tried my 700s again and then it worked fine switching back and forth.

was working fine since then (couple days) until this morning when i started getting the choppy audio on my laptop. up until today i havent had any issues with my laptop. so then i play music from my iphone and cant hear anything. i BT disconnect my 700 from my laptop and then the iphone audio starts to play.

if i turn off the 700 and turn it back on then it connect to my laptop and plays the audio fine.

Participant
Registered since

Apr 29, 2020

Any update on this @bose ??

I was super excited to buy these when I had to start working from home, but now every time I get on a conference call, my colleagues always say my microphone cuts out and sounds staticy. This only happens when I am using my Bose 700. My AirPods work perfectly fine. 

Just this morning, I was able to determine that the issue was only occurring when my Bose 700s are connected to two devices, in this case, my 2019 MacBook Pro and my iPhone XR. I tried bluetooth reset and complete factory reset of the headphones, but same issues comes back.

There is no firmware update currently available. Work around for now is to only connect to my Mac and then use just my AirPods for my iPhone XR. 

Participant
Registered since

May 7, 2020

I'm getting the same issue, Pixel 4XL and Win 10.

I've noticed that the issue stops when I open the Bose Music app and connect via the app (as opposed to only connecting via the phone's bluetooth).

However when the phone closes the app, or backgrounds the app, to save battery the issue returns immediately.

You can stop the issue temporarily but it's annoying to have to keep reopening the app.

Contributor
Registered since

Nov 18, 2019

I too have this issue i gave up my quiet comfort for these, and it doesn't really feel like an upgrade. I have other issues , like sometimes audio wont play unless i connect to the Bose app, and sometimes i have to manually go into the app to choose the active stream for some reason it doesn't auto switch sometimes between two devices. Honestly if they fix these 3 things they be perfect, but there such a nuisance since i have so many devices i want to use my headphones with but im stuck manually using and pairing each time to one. This really feels like a rip off.

Contributor
Registered since

Aug 6, 2019

To all of you: demand a refund before you've had them for a year and go buy the Sony WH-1000xm3. You will not regret it. Been using them for two months now, and Bose has to really convince me with any upcoming headset to go back. 

Please see my previous posts if you're wondering how I got here.

Participant
Registered since

May 10, 2020

The problem still exists on 1.3.1

Contributor
Registered since

May 11, 2020

The issue was posted way back in 7/2019 and it's still not resolved?? I have same issue, please fix it BOSE.

Participant
Registered since

Dec 11, 2019

New firmware has been released:

https://community.bose.com/t5/Around-On-Ear-Headphones/Noise-Cancelling-700-Firmware-Update-1-4-12-M...

I'm installing this now and hopefully this fixes the problem!

Bug Fixes and Enhancements:

• Improved Bluetooth connection reliability
  • Better multi point functionality while video conferencing
    • Fixes a stuttering audio issue when the headset is in multipoint with a Mac or PC
    • Improves the audio experience when using most video conferencing software
    • Fixes an issue where the headsets auto off timer could turn off headset during voice-over IP (VIOP) calls using video conferencing software
    • Fixes an occasional disconnection issues when in Multiple-Point
  • General Virtual Personal Assistant (VPA) improvements
  • Battery level and other voice prompt fixes.
    • Fixes multiple issues where the battery level voice prompt may be mis-matched from the Music App or improperly stated when headset is powered on.
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Apr 3, 2018

Hi everyone,

Yes,  I am happy to be able to comfirm that a new firmware version (1.4.12) for the Noise Cancelling 700s today that includes an update for the multi-point connection issue you have been encountering. You can see the full post for the release here.

Please check out the update and let us know what you think by commenting in the thread! 

Thanks!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile hereNew to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!