Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 29, 2020

Re: NC 700 - media playing from two devices leads to choppy inaudible play back.

Same issue with me. I used to connect my Bose to my iPhone XR and 2018 MacBook Pro 15" until I realized my audio issues were being caused by the second device getting notifications. Now I only connect my Bose 700 to my MacBook and I have to remove the headphones and put in my AirPods just to answer a phone call coming to my cell phone. Super annoying especially since I paid a lot for these headphones. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 3, 2020

Re: NC 700 - media playing from two devices leads to choppy inaudible play back.

When I run the Bose updater, it says I have the most current firmware version - 1.31.

I'm having the same issue with choppy playback, losing connection to my phone. Then I have to reboot the phone to re-connect again. Although the desktop PC connection will remain.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 6, 2020

I've had my headphones for about a month but only recently started trying to use the dual connection setup using my MacBook Pro and iPhone 11 and I am experiencing this issue.

I checked my firmware to ensure they weren't sent from the factory using an old version but indeed they are running 1.5.1 according to the updater.

Is everyone still experiencing this issue like me?

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 7, 2020

Also experiencing distorted audio quality and constant 'chops' while listening under a dual device connection.

The devices don't matter. iPhone & Macbook, iPhone and TV, TV and Macbook, etc.. 

@bose - this is ridiculous for 1) the price of these 700s, 2) this is your latest product line, and 3) THIS BUG HAS BEEN REPORTED SINCE 07-20-2019.

Do something....

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 11, 2020

I'm experiencing the same issue. MacBook Pro 16 2019, Pixel 2 XL.

I'm getting choppy playback (crackling sounds) when 2 devices are connected, or no sound at all:

Headphones prioritize the MacBook Pro even when nothing is playing on it, and the audio from my Pixel 2 XL doesn't play on headphones until I disconnect the MacBook pro from the headphones through the app.

Please, Bose, do something about it. I love the design but these inconveniences are starting to get on my nerves.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 19, 2020

Same problem over here. Paired my NC 700 with an iPhone 11 Pro as well as latest MacBookPro 15''… cracking / pausing sound. I can not believe that this bug has been reported over a year ago 😀 

@bose this is ridiculous for such a pricy product! Ever heard of User Experience? I'm selling this crappy  headphones.

Update: I just talked to BOSE support (in Germany) and the said I should update firmware (which I did), clean the device (seriously?!) and that this has to do with my MacBookPro's Microphone (no it does not!)… so at the end of a 5 min. talk the guy said "I'm sorry that I can't help you!" – great. So I told this AMAZON where I bought the NC 700 and guess what: They're taking them back – full money refund! Now THAT'S customer support, @bose . Ah, and I ordered the new WH-1000XM4 … at Amazon 😉 Don't waste time. Get a better pair – your ears deserve it!

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 3, 2020

I'm also experiencing this issue among some of the other bugs I've found reported and unfixed on these forums.

I find it rather appalling that I can spend more on headphones than a brand new Google phone and experience more software related bugs.

Bose, please fix. Or hire the right engineers and fix. People will start fleeing your products. I bought via best buy and I'm beyond their return policy, otherwise I'd be switching out for a Sony set. I don't think I can recommend these products to anyone, honestly. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 8, 2020

Hi.

Sadly I am also the one that experiences the issue. I tried to pair headphones in two configurations:

- A laptop (Lenovo T520) working on Windows 7 and Android Phone (sony Xperia XZ2 compact)

- A laptop (Dell E6440) working on Windows 10 and the same Android Phone.

This connection is quite useless:

- Music played on PC starts being choppy. It sounds like we have a small buffer that is playing in a loop and this buffer is replaced  by new data.... but I can hear that it is like a loop of part of the music moving forward.

- When answering phone: it disconnected me during discussion twice - it is very annoying - forcing me to take off my headphones, catch a phone and change the audio output to the phone itself, trying to catch out the communication.

- Once when I switched between music and Teams meeting they lost sound - people was able to hear me, I heard nothing.

All of this disappears when connected only to one device - They never disconnected me from the phone during communication if I disable the BT on PC and no issue when the BT is disabled in the phone.

Bose - If you have really problem with multipoint connection, maybe you can make something like "fast reconnect" feature. Keep one connection at a time but give as a possibility to use some button or magic gesture to quickly switch between "favourite" devices. It would be quite useful too. Now I have just to disable my Bluetooth in one device and it requires quite a lot of work to switch from one to the other.

I have returned my Sony 1000xm3 as it had some problems with multipoint connection (yes - it was possible with 1000xm3 to do multipoint, but you had to select one connection as audio only and the other as headset). But the issue was much less annoying: it sounds just like it looses a single packet every 1 to 3 minutes. So it sounds just like single knock from time to time. But I found Bose 700 so comfortable and the sound they generate matches my taste so much I do not wont let them go. It is great piece of hardware overall - the only issue that worsens it is this multipoint connection issue.

Summarising it - if you cannot provide working multipoint in reasonable time - please give us an possibility to hold only one connection and quickly reconnect to another device. It would be a little worse, but would satisfy some of our needs. I am just tried of disabling and re-enabling bluetooth in my devices.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 9, 2020

Re: NC 700 - Only 1 ear works on Mac Book waste of $400

Bose fix this or start refunding.  All the noise cancellation in the world is useless when one side doesn't work.  Plus they're always saying out of battery.

Heads up IOS and Mac Book are HUGE players, Apple one of the most valuable companies on earth. 

Might be a good idea to make your headphones work with their devices.

Fail. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 8, 2020

Re: NC 700 - Only 1 ear works on Mac Book waste of $400

Just testing 1.7 firmware. And it is so much better! Multipoint works, it switches between PC and Android as expected. I still can hear some small glitches when playing music on PC - but it is hard to say if it is headphones or PC fault. I will test it more on another PC in a week. But for the time being - this update make me really happy.