Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Mar 26, 2019

Re: NC 700 - media playing from two devices leads to choppy inaudible play back.

Hello everyone, 

Thank you for getting back in touch and providing your feedback. We would like to gather some more information on this issue from you and suggest some further troubleshooting for you to try.

Firstly, I would recommend performing a full Bluetooth reset, by powering on your headset, then pressing and holding the Power/Bluetooth on the right earcup for about 10 seconds until you hear "Bluetooth device list cleared."

Following this, attempt pairing the headphones with two phones, rather than a phone and computer. I would be interested to see if this issue still persists when connected to alternative devices.

If you are still experiencing issues we would be interested to gather additional information. As noted by @Andy_B earlier in the thread, can you provide a brief summary of the exact troubleshooting steps you have performed so far, and additionally advise what exact devices and associated operating is being used when paired simultaneously with the Noise-Cancelling Headphones 700?

I look forward to hearing from you!

Kindest regards,

Zoe C

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 5, 2019

Re: NC 700 - media playing from two devices leads to choppy inaudible play back.

Please stop suggesting to "reset bluetooth". 

This happens consistently when playing audio from 2 devices (macbook + iPhone), freshly paired.

Taking into account that my NC700 can't remember the shortcut I configured and that it can't deal with wind at all, I'm super regretting shelling out $400 over my QC35 2 which worked perfectly.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 7, 2019

I have the same issue, with my iPhone XS and Mac Pro. Especially on the Mac Pro, I have not managed to listen to even one song, in iTunes or a YouTube video. Chopping sounds constantly.

Bose music app is also updated to the latest version.

Please, don't ask me to describe to you the troubleshooting steps I followed. I followed everything you have suggested previously and in various threads, MULTIPLE times and I am not a technology illeterate person, quite the opposite.

Finally, I would suggest to you to fix the issue, since it doesn't seem to appear on a small number of customers, instead of repeating the same -unsuccesful- instructions, over and over again. It starts to get irritating.

It's a shame for a $400 product to be released with so many bags. With some, as customers we can be patient, but there are some we cannot. When we cannot connect and listen properly, is a major one for headhones. Get it?

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 20, 2019

Are you able to provice any response from my previous issue submitted 2 weeks ago. 

"My headphones are now also only playing from one earcup when connected to my macbook pro. Have gone through the steps of forgetting all bluetooth devices and resetting the device by plugging in the usb whilst holding down the power/bluetooth buttton. "

Audio plays normally when headphones connected to devices other than macbook pro

Audio plays normally when headphones are connected via wire into macbook pro

Audio plays normally when macbook pro is connected to other bluetooth devices

headphone audio plays in both ears when conncted to macbook pro whilst the microphone is works , ie on a call

Also to your other question about when connceted to two phones. just tried with two iphones and there was no issues of choppy audio. 

Thanks

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 1, 2017

Hi Zoe,

I am in the same boat as others. I've gone through the process of resetting the headset as you described and deleting all the pairings from my PC. I am happy to work with the technical team to debug this scenerio. 

A quick background : Sound from my Samsung Galaxy S9+ comes through without any problem but sound from my PC (HP workstation with Intel Wireless-AC 9560 with Bluetooth 5.0 - LMP version 09) becomes choppy every 2-3 minutes. I returned my first pair of headset assuming this was a device fault but the exact same issue is seen on the new pair as well. I have technical background to investigate the stack so keen to partner with your tech support team to help diagnose this problem. 

Thanks,

Mohnish

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 20, 2019

@bose Is there any update you can provide?

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 26, 2019

I'm having issues as well:

* Im on MacBook Pro - Mojave 10.14.6

* iOS 12.4

* On the latest firmware 1.1.4

Sound is great on my iPhone, but choppy on Macbook. I have tried all the tips you have posted, with no result.

I have tried to remove the headphones from both iPhone and Mac (not paired to two devices), but same result.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 26, 2019

I have tried this tip now. It seems to work: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVRbLRRz5TU&feature=youtu.be

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 5, 2019

@Urban4 wrote:

Bluetooth Reset - Yes

Headphone Reset - Yes (Appreciate you've fixed the reset instructions. The old ones were incorrect)

Additional information:

- Occurs when the headset is connected to two devices. (Stuttering and clicking noise)

- Macbook Pro 2018 - latest OS

- Iphone X - latest OS

- Yes

Same issue with the exact same devices here.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 29, 2019

Happens here as well and none of the "reset" suggestions work. If you work for BOSE support, please stop suggesting this solution and get engineers to look at the issue to be useful.

If the folks at BOSE are using their own product with a MacBook and iPhone, they can see that the issue fairly easily reproduces. It's clear from almost 15 reports I read that it happens across the board on many sorts of bluetooth devices/brands.