Highlighted
danjur
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 8, 2019

NC 700 problems with Skype for business

I have the latest FW 1.1.4 and am encountering some issues using the headset for skype for business calls (skype calls/meetings, not phone calls):

1. Auto off doesn't realize the headset is in use. I had it set on 20 minutes and while on call it would turn off after 20 minutes. Changing the setting to Never resolved that issue. I also had my phone connected to bluetooth, and it was idle, maybe it's keying on the wrong device?

2. No mute indication. If I hit the mute button I hear a beep, but Skype mute indication doesn't change, it seems I'm actually muted though. With my previous headset from another manufacturer it acutally toggled the mute on the PC. When I unmute I hear the exact same sounding beep. There's no indication what it did, either skype should indicate or can we at least get a "Mute on"/"Mute off" indication? On a long call it's easy to forget which mode you were in.

3. Just another vote for an option to disable auto off due to lack of motion, or at least lengthen it. It's a pain to have an incoming call and the headset on the desk powered down. I can manage my own battery usage ...

26 REPLIES 26

Re: NC 700 problems with Skype for business

Hi Danjur,

Thank you for taking the time to post and welcome to the Bose Community!

I have marked your post as a feature request so that the relevant team can view this.

Thank you for your feedback! Have a great day!

Kindest,

Jessie O - Community Support

danjur
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 8, 2019

I think the 1st issue I described is a bug. Why does the auto-off feature not recognize a skype call? The other two I agree are feature requests.

Hi Danhur, 

Thanks for coming back to me!

The 1st point is currently being looked at by the development team. By marking as a feature request, it will show visibility of the issue. 

Thank you again for your feedback. If there is anything else we can do please reach out again!

Kindest, 

Jessie O 

fjacqmi
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 3, 2019

Hi,

I also experience frustrations with Skype:

- I confirm that having a phone connected at the same time than  the laptop you recive the call on just creates a mess. I have to disconnect bluetooth on the phone to make sure priority is given to my Skype call on laptop.

- Same with Spotify.

- Sharing screen on Skype will interrupt audio...very annoying.

- Any "beep" generated by Skype or Windows interrupts the audio connection. This results in a very bad experience and makes Skype almost not usable with the headphones.

This gives me the feeling that the product has not been extensively tested with Skype. I have been thinking of sending the product back as the benefit of using the device in a professional environment is very limited.

Thanks in advance for making the apropriate fixes.

Rgds,

huck5
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 3, 2019

It isn't just Skype, I see this behavior with Zoom and Hangouts too.   This is a bug.   While talking to colleagues, the device does not recognize that it is connected to a Windows 10 device and after a period of time shuts down.  Basically, the 700 is useless for professionals that use the device with their computer.  

NickDrouin
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Aug 12, 2019

Roundup of threads on Noise Cancelling NC 700 Headphones and PC Telephony and Call issues here:
https://community.bose.com/t5/Around-On-Ear-Headphones/Roundup-Threads-on-Noise-Cancelling-NC-700-He...

nambar
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 11, 2019

Experiencing the same issue with audio interruption during skype calls. Each email/notification/sound completely suspends the Bose audio. This makes it unusable for skype calls. The only way that I found around this is to disable Bluetooth on the PC and join skype meeting audio from the mobile phone - then this is treated as a real phone call
A fix will be much appreciated since this is the main usage when I'm in transit 2 hours every day

hulk2k19
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 12, 2019

I have a similar problem with Skype for Business. I have to use the hands-free profile within Skype (ringer, speaker, mic). Mixing these settings between "hands free" and "stereo" profiles causes all sorts of problems and audio service crashes. I can use either the hands free or stereo profile for the Windows playback device. 

I did have to set the auto-off duration to "never". Otherwise the headset will shut off and doesn't recognize there's audio (other people's voices) coming through.

If the headset is connected to 2 devices and there's audio coming from the 2nd device (phone rings, notifications sounds, etc.) it will switch to the audio to the other device. THis will disable the headset mic and audio in mid call. This does not happen when using Skype for Business mobile on a phone.

AMJ
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 13, 2019

Dear Bose Team,

I just bought a Bose 700 Hadset for business purposes and I am quite shocked, that this standard business use case of "Skype" does not work properly.

Within the price range of the headsets, a use in a business context is highly likely among your customer base. Especialy with the new promoted features for an highly improved exerience during conferencing situations, during which a use of Skype will be also very likely.

I would really appreciate if you could give an update on the current status on those tickets, since I am considering at the moment to return the headsets and switch to a competitor product.

Thank you very much for your support!

Andreas