Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 24, 2019

Re: NC 700 problems with Skype for business

In my case Skype, Skype for Business and Teams all have issues, the primary being the auto-shut off frustration as the headphones can't detect that they are in use.  So +1 for that point.

I personally haven't had pairing issues or other audio issues, but the timeout took me a while to figure out as it defaulted to 5 minutes, had quite a few difficult calls at the start 😁

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 31, 2019

I am seeing the skpe issues with my headset, please refer following comments:

• When I am in skype call it automatcially just stops listening to or speaking into skype meeting.
    • I connect to skype meetings through my computer.
  • The skype meetings get interrupted with every new email or phone getting lost or identified/discovered.
    • This also gives an impression of being unprofessional.

Hope this addressed at the earliest or people will start thinking about alternatives. 

Please listen to your customers and make that as a priority#1. Hope to hear from you at the earliest.  

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 3, 2019

Think it is a Windows problem, and not just Skype. Same behavior with Zoom, Slack, etc.  

The headset simply isn't enterprise ready.  For a premium product, that is simply unacceptable.  

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 15, 2019

Have you tried the october 24 firmware update? Just orderet a set of NC 700 and wonder if it will work with skype for business now

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 20, 2019

Is it possible to use the NC 700 as a wired headset by connecting the USB-C cable to a USB port on the PC/Mac? That would be a great & simple solution! If it’s not possible now, maybe it could be considered for a future firmware update?

About half my calls are Skype calls and I’d love to use the NC 700 for those calls.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 16, 2019

It might be possible as a wired headset. I haven’t tried, mainly because I paid a premium for the 700s as a wireless headset. There are cheaper options if you don’t mind a wired headset. Why pay $400 when you can get decent wired noise canceling headphone for less than half that price? 

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 16, 2019

I have completed the update and the only discernible difference is the 700s now allow you to change the auto off feature when no motion is detected. Perhaps there is some background fine tuning of the software but it has not improved connectivity on Skype calls or prevented the random dropping of a second connected Bluetooth device while on the middle of a call. 

In the end, with all the complaints about the 700s and utter lack of response from Bose I feel obligated to get the word out that people should not waste their money on Bose. Look at Sony or Jabra both appear to offer functional products with much better customer support. 

Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 15, 2020

Hi AmiSanju,

I had the same issue with notifications. I managed to solve it by switching off windows sounds, skype sounds and outlook sounds. It is not ideal but works for me.

Hope it helps.

Kind regards,

Filip

Highlighted
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Jan 24, 2020

Hi. Joining this thread as I also can't hear sound when I use my the NC 700 headphones for Skype / Hangout etc calls. I can listen to other audio from my computer fine. It worked for the first few weeks of having the headphones but now its stopped. Very frustrating as its the main reason I bought the headphones. I'm using Windows 10. I've tried the troubleshooting suggestions in this thread but no improvement. Bose - where are you?????? 

Highlighted
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Jan 24, 2020

I have found out that if I have my microphone as output then my headphones work for input. But as soon as I change my headphones to output then they no longer work for input as well. Please someone help ?? Thanks