fomrat
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 25, 2020

NC 700 reboot loop: "connect, disconnect, connect," etc., until it reboots

Has anyone seen this?

Most mornings, I power up my NC 700s. Voice announces connect to my pc, then my phone: "Connected to Note21". Then, immediately, "Disconnected from Note21", then "Connected to Note21, Disconnected to Note21" (infinite loop) until I the NC 700s eventually hang and power down or I turn off BT on my phone or power them off. Usually, trying again with BT off on my Note21, then reconnecting once the NC 700w have settled does the trick.

Latest firmware, phones reset, etc., etc., as I've detailed in other posts. (sigh.)

Anyone else?

2 REPLIES 2
Sam_F

Re: NC 700 reboot loop: "connect, disconnect, connect," etc., until it reboots

Hey fomrat,

Thank you for taking the time to post and welcome to the Bose Community. I'm sorry to hear you're encountering some trouble connecting your NC700 headphones, but I'd be happy to help!

Firstly, do you only encounter this connection issue when using your Note21, or do you hear this repetition with other devices? Also, has this always been the behavior of your device connection, or is this something that's only been occurring recently? Also, if you were to clear the pairing of your headphones, and only connect the Note21 (not your PC also), is there any change in behavior?

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
fomrat
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 25, 2020

Re: NC 700 reboot loop: "connect, disconnect, connect," etc., until it reboots

The Note21 is the only other device I use. I've had it for quite a while, and this problem only just started recently, but before the Note21 I had a Pixel 2XL, and I didn't have the problem.

When paired only to the phone, I don't have the problem. It's only when connected to both laptop (with MPOW [Realtek BT 5.0] adapter added and onboard BT [Intel BT 4] disabled) and the Note21. I have not tried reverting to the onboard BT; I added the MPOW for the range of BT 5.0.

===

Firstly, do you only encounter this connection issue when using your Note21, or do you hear this repetition with other devices? Also, has this always been the behavior of your device connection, or is this something that's only been occurring recently? Also, if you were to clear the pairing of your headphones, and only connect the Note21 (not your PC also), is there any change in behavior?