Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 20, 2020

NC 700 volume spike at beginning and end of a song -- bluetooth only

Firmware is 1.3.1 and I sort of feel this issue started after my upgrade to 1.3.1.

When I use bluetooth to connect to a Windows 10 Dell laptop, there's an apparent volume spike at beginning of each song. It'll return to normal level in 2 seconds. Songs like ABBA's "Dancing Queen" or "Summer Night City" which have a strong note on first beat usually scare the s**t out of me.

This short volume spike may also happen around 5 seconds left of a song.

I don't have this issue when using wired connection.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 20, 2020

Re: NC 700 volume spike at beginning and end of a song -- bluetooth only

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Jessie_O

Jessie:
Thanks for getting back to me. After your reply I tested a couple of different combinations but didn't hit the problem with them. However, that gave me the idea to forget the Bluetooth connection from my laptop. After re-adding NC700 to the laptop, both the volume spike issues (in the beginning and around the end of a song) disappeared. In short, refreshing Bluetooth connection is a must after firmware upgrade.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Hi there @immyownpet

Thank you for reaching out to us!

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing with the volume spike, I'll be more than happy to help you.

Do you experience the same issue when you use a different source device like a phone or tablet?

Do you experience the same issue when you use a different music source?

I look forward to hearing from you!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 20, 2020

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Jessie_O

Jessie:
Thanks for getting back to me. After your reply I tested a couple of different combinations but didn't hit the problem with them. However, that gave me the idea to forget the Bluetooth connection from my laptop. After re-adding NC700 to the laptop, both the volume spike issues (in the beginning and around the end of a song) disappeared. In short, refreshing Bluetooth connection is a must after firmware upgrade.

View solution in original post