Captain42
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 26, 2019

NC 700 vs. NC 700 UC - will the USB dongle be available as spare part?

Hi,

I recently purchased the NC 700 and use it on a daily bais with MS Teams. The issue is that it works absolutely fine with my iOS devices, but has painfull limitations with Win10 devices (due to bluetooth standards).

The obvious remedy is the newly announced NC 700 UC with an additional bluetooth dongle "Bose USB Link".

Question: will this "Bose USB Link" be available as a spare part for existing NC 700 (non-UC) customers?

Cheers

Stephen

9 REPLIES 9
Tegan_M

Re: NC 700 vs. NC 700 UC - will the USB dongle be available as spare part?

Hi Stephen, 

Thanks for reaching out. 

We are glad to hear of your excitement towards the UC Noise Cancelling Headphones 700. At this time, we do not have any information in regards to the availability of the USB Link being available separately. When we get further information closer to release, we will be sure to inform the community. 

I'm sorry we have no further details to share at this time. However, we do encourage you to check our website - bose.com - from time-to-time for all future updates and product launches.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Captain42
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 26, 2019

Hi,

I purchased the Jabra Link 370 USB dongle and connected the NC 700 to it - works like charm.

Would have preferred an original Bose solution though...

Cheers

Stephen

Arvind4k
Participant
Registered since

Oct 1, 2017

Hi Stephen,

please guide me how to connect Jabra 370 USB with Bose NC 700. My Windows 10 is not able to connect and BOSE says thousands are able to connect and not provided any resolution

Thanks,

arvind 

DuncanIdaho
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 16, 2020

Hi Arvind,

I had the same issue as you and bought the Avantree Leaf USB Bluetooth dongle. It's half the price of the Jabra dongle and works perfectly.

swolf
Participant
Registered since

Jul 4, 2020

Hi,

I am thinking about getting the headphones for use at work, but still have 2 particular questions: using the Noise Cancelling 700 (UC), can I mute and unmute the mic (is that just a headset setting or propagate through to the SW controls for MS teams?) as well as accept calls by controls on the headset?

Thanks

yankees177
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 14, 2020

Oct 1 release date for BOSE 700UC and the all important dongle for the rest of us.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1568341-REG/bose_852267_0100_wireless_noise_cancelling_headph...

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1568343-REG/bose_852270_0010_usb_link_bluetooth_module.html?a...

B&H is listing these as an Oct 1st release with the same for the $70 dongle. Hey Bose, I literally NEED this dongle to use this on my computer - hows about a discount for those suffering with, insufficient bluetooth capability syndrome?

charbel.nemnom
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 13, 2018

Re: Oct 1 release date for BOSE 700UC and the all important dongle for the rest of us.

Hello folks and  support team,

Could someone please confirm if the new USB dongle works only for 700 or it can be also used with QC35 II as well?

https://pro.bose.com/en_us/products/conferencing/headphones/headphones_accessories/usb-link-bluetoot...

Thank You!

Jessie_O

Re: Oct 1 release date for BOSE 700UC and the all important dongle for the rest of us.

Hey @charbel.nemnom,

Thank you so much for reaching out! 

The dongle can only be used with the 700 headphones. 

I hope this answers your question. If there is anything else we can do, please reach out to us again. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
charbel.nemnom
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 13, 2018

Thank you @Jessie_O for the confirmation!