Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 17, 2018

NC 700 will not connect to Bose music app on any device

These wonderful very expensive Bose headphones will not connect on the Bose music app on any of my Apple OS devices

Even when it shows connected through bluetooth they refuse to play through the headphones

To make matters worse when I try the updater on my MacBook the installer does not recognise Safari

Please can someone explain why I purchased these headphones which I cannot use

Should I confine them to the bin

I never have problems with my Q35II

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: NC 700 will not connect to Bose music app on any device

Hello geoffduc, 

Thanks for posting and reaching out to us today! Sorry to hear that you have had this experience. I would love to assist you further with this. 

Let's start with deleting and reinstalling the Bose Music app to ensure that we have the latest version installed. Once this is done we should perform a standard reset on the product by following these steps below: 

• Disconnect all cables from your headphones
  • Connect the larger end of the USB charging cable to a wall charger or a computer that is powered on
  • On the headphones, press and hold the Power/Bluetooth® button while connecting the smaller end of the USB cable to the right earcup. The Power LED should quickly blink twice
  • Once connected, release the Power/Bluetooth button after two seconds.

I would also recommend we clear your headphones pairing list via powering on your headset, then press and hold the Power/Bluetooth on the right earcup for about 10 seconds until you hear the Bluetooth device list cleared.

I look forward to hearing back from you with the result of these steps. 

Kind regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 1, 2020

I have the same issue, "Connection Failed" when attempting to connect my NC 700 to the app. 

This Connection Failed message pops up after the step: "Get Connected Tap your product below to finish. It may take a minute or two to connect"

I have already cleared all bluetooth devices, and tried the "hard reset" which has unclear instruction to be honest. 

Highlighted

Hello jfhsu,

Sorry you're unable to connect your Noise Cancelling Headphones 700 to your devices. 

Thanks for trying some troubleshooting, these were good first steps to attempt. Lets get your headphones up and running!

Have you tried to update your headphones? If you connect them to a computer via USB and visit our updater website btu.bose.com , this will provide you with full instructions. 

Do let us know how you get on. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!