Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 20, 2020

NC 700 wind noise disrupts while speaking

Dear Ladies and Gentlemen,

I got my new NC700 with noise-cancelling level at 10 and used it for my first telephone conference. While I was speaking on this telephone conference I was at the balcony where the wind was mildly blowing. Call participants told me that they could not hear me while I was speaking but heard "thundering noise". Is it that wind noise cannot be filtered by the NC700?

Many thanks.

Best regards,

pl

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Apr 2, 2020

Re: NC 700 wind noise disrupts while speaking

Author Accepted Answer selected by lehnpa

No, unfortunately I have to say that you chose the wrong headphones.  The NC700 unable to cancel the wind noise. 

Weird thing because their older but a much more reliable model, the QC35 II has a wind noise cancelling option. Also, the QC35 II supports audio sharing which isn’t supported with the NC700s. Such a shame. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Apr 2, 2020

Author Accepted Answer selected by lehnpa

No, unfortunately I have to say that you chose the wrong headphones.  The NC700 unable to cancel the wind noise. 

Weird thing because their older but a much more reliable model, the QC35 II has a wind noise cancelling option. Also, the QC35 II supports audio sharing which isn’t supported with the NC700s. Such a shame. 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 20, 2020

Thank you. It is a pity. I should have investigated more properly. Br, pl

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 7, 2020

Bose NC 700

In the office/At home even if i am under a fan with a mild wind blowing the other person that I am talking to can hear a very distinct wind noise which is really shrill. It is frustrating to talk with the NC 700 even in calmer wind. The whole purpose of getting these to talk on calls is defeated . $400 Wasted. Disappointed with you Bose totally disappointed

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 17, 2020

When I make a call and am actively walking outside, the party on the other end of the call often complains about hearing cars passing by, wind noise, street noise, etc.  I thought that this headphone set would work to minimize ambient surrounding noise in this regard.  Any suggestions?  Thanks!