Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 29, 2020

NC 700 with Soundbar 500

Hi 

I purchased a sb 500 a few weeks ago and have added nc 700 headphones so I had the option of watching tv without disturbing anyone else. I am currently on furlough leave and my wife is wife is working from home... The nc700 headphones work fine when listening to music but when using them to watch tv the volume is bearly audible with the headphones on full volume. 

I have called Bose CS and they couldn’t really help and said it was something to do with the TV, I don’t understand how as the headphones should be in sync with the Soundbar? 

Any help/ideas would be greatly appreciated. 

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted

Re: NC 700 with Soundbar 500

Hello Dave71, 

Thanks for reaching out, I am sorry that you are experiencing some issues with the volume of your headphones whilst connected to your Soundbar 500. 

Are you connecting via the SimpleSync feature?

Can you also let us know what troubleshooting you have already attempted so we do not re-advise you?

Do let us know!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 29, 2020

Re: NC 700 with Soundbar 500ć

Hi Tegan, thanks for the reply.

Yes I am using simple sync through the Bose music app. The sound bar and headphones have both been reset several times but still can’t resolve the problem?

The Soundbar volume can be controlled but the headphones volume can’t which defeats the object.  

Highlighted

Thanks for confirming. 

This is very unusual. 

With the headphones, have you tried setting them to 100% volume before establishing the connection via SimpleSync? 

How is the TV connected to the soundbar? Via Optical or via ARC? 

What TV sources are you watching? Do you have any Smart TV functions you can test? Streaming services? 

I'll look forward to hearing from you. 😊

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 29, 2020

Hi 

The soundbar is connected to the tv using ARC.

I have tried full volume before connection and ther is no difference.

The TV input is virgin media but there is no change using another input (Net flicks). 

Highlighted

Would you be able to try an optical connection to see if the same issue occurs?

Thanks.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 29, 2020

Hi

I have already tried an optical cable and it was just the same, I’m out of ideas now and find it quite frustrating given the amount of money I’ve spent.

Could either the sb or hp be faulty?

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hey Dave71,

This is unusual. Have you tried increasing the volume on the headset itself? The touch controls on the front of the right earcup can be used to change the volume as noted HERE. Try swiping up while listening to TV audio to test this - the headset's volume may be set too low.

Participant
Registered since

May 29, 2020

Hi

The headset volume is on full, it bleeps to confirm. 

Highlighted

Re: NC 700 with Soundbar 500

Thank you for trying, Dave. Do you hear anything from the headphones when they are connected and the volume is beeping to confirming it's maxed out?

When the headphones are connected to the soundbar if you control the soundbar volume with the soundbar remote, will this increase your headphones' volume in any way?