Highlighted
GoDawgs
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 5, 2019

NC 700s - Very disappointed

I have been looking foward to these for a month.  (I had to wait a week bc Bose messed up shipping) but I finally got the NC 700s last night!  Aaaaand I am so disappointed with them I will return them.  I LOVE my QC 35s, and was so excited for the NC 700s, but they do not have music share (I want to use my TVs bluetooth to watch shows with my GF). Bose Music app keeps logging me out, and now it wont even recognize the NC 700s anymore (Im sure firmware will fix this soon enough).  In a side by side comparison, the QC 35s are much more comfortable to wear. The NC 700s seem to audably rub the flesh of my ears, and slide down more. The sound quality seems about the same, so cant justify the replacement cost.  I love Bose, and have always had the highest of expectations for all their products, but this is def an all time low in my book.  Are they still nice?  Yes, obviously.  But not worth buying if you alreayd have the QC35s.  😞  Im just super annoyed that Bose would get rid of Music Share.  Why?  Why have LESS features?  Less comfort? Its a shame.  

7 REPLIES 7
Serj
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Jun 27, 2019

Re: NC 700s - Very disappointed

Have you updated your QC 35s to the latest firmware?

Hello @GoDawgs,

Thank you very much for your message.

We thoroughly appreciate your feedback regarding your new Bose Noise Cancelling 700 Headphones. I apologise that these have caused disappointment, I understand why this is frustrating. 

Although you have stated that you are considering returning this headset, we would happily provide some troubleshooting for the connectivity issues you have experienced.  I would firstly suggest performing a reset of your headphones. Instruction on how to do this can be found below.

• Disconnect all cables from the headphones
  • Connect one end of the USB cable to a USB-A wall charger or computer that is powered on
  • Press and hold the Power/Bluetooth® button while connecting the small end of the USB cable into the USB-C port on the right earcup
  • Release the Power/Bluetooth button when the Bluetooth light blinks blue

Following this, please check for any available firmware updates for your headphones. This can be done via a computer using a USB and visiting our firmware update website btu.bose.com .

Kind regards,

Tegan M - Community Support 

Morlock
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Dec 4, 2016

Just to clarify, I don't beleive Music share will work with the TV anyway.  You need to connect through the Bose connect app, (so both headphones connect to the one phone/tablet) then once you change one device to the TV it would break the music share. 

As well as that you would likely have sync issues with the TV as the BT connection would slow down to match the headphones together (but lag behinf the TV picture).

jimgfitz
Noisy Narrator
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

I love my Sennheiser HDR 175 headphones for watching TV.  They have a base station that connects via optical and then RF to the headphones.

GoDawgs
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 5, 2019

I called Bose, and they said that the feature has been removed from the 700s completely.  You cant even connect two new 700s together.  Luckily, the QC 35s still work great! 🙂

GoDawgs
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 5, 2019

Thats correct.  The Music Share is like a relay from the one headphone that is connect to the TV, and the other headphone that is linked through the phone's app.  The new 700's cannot do this.  I called Bose, and they do not have this ability at all to share a single bluetooth source with mutiple devices, including other new 700s.

GoDawgs
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 5, 2019

Yeah, that is probabily the best solution.  I just liked having the old music share feature.