Contributor
Registered since

Sep 3, 2019

NC Headphone 700 and audio cable

Hi,

I used my 700 in the airplane, but when I connected it to the entertainment system of the plane via the Bose audio cable I could only hear the audio if I turned off the headset. But this means no active NC. 

If I turned it on again, it said Bluetooth disabled (rightly so), but no sound came in via cable. I only had the sound via cable if I turned it off again. 

Any idea is this normal?

thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 3, 2019

Re: NC Headphone 700 and audio cable

Author Accepted Answer selected by svpe4711

I called Bose services in Germany again today and got a tip that solved my problem.

The headset saves two independent audio volume settings, one for bluetooth AND one for AUX / cable.

It seems my volume setting for "cable" was at 0. I had to connect to the cable and Swipe the touch surface up several times to increase the volume. (The touch surface is located on the front of the right ear cup). 

Now I have audio via bluetooth and cable 🙂

Would be curious if this also solves the problem of @sheawh 

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19

Hello svpe4711, 

Thank you for reaching out via the Bose Community. Welcome to the site!

I'm sorry to hear you have had issues using the NC700 headphones with the audio cable on an in-flight entertainment system. 

When inserting the audio cable, ANC will remain enabled, but Bluetooth functions will be disabled as they are not required during wired use. 

With regards to troubleshooting, have you tried testing the headphones with any other devices to see if the issue replicates? 

I'll look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards, 

Jeff G - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 3, 2019

Hi,

I just tested it again with my MacBook as audio source. Same result ... i only get audio via cable if the headset is turned off. If I turn it on I have no sound, but NC.

Any idea?

Thanks

Hello svpe4711,

Thank you for providing us with an update on this issue. I am very sorry that this persists. 

I would firstly suggest performing a reset of your headphones. Instruction on how to do this can be found below. 

• Disconnect all cables from the headphones
  • Connect one end of the USB cable to a USB-A wall charger or computer that is powered on
  • Press and hold the Power/Bluetooth® button while connecting the small end of the USB cable into the USB-C port on the right earcup
  • Release the Power/Bluetooth button after 2 seconds

Following this, check for any available firmware updates for your headphones. This can be done via a computer using a USB and visiting our firmware update website btu.bose.com.

Please let us know if this provides any improvements. 

Tegan M 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 3, 2019

Hi, 

thanks for the tips.

- I checked the Firmware, it is up to date.

- After I did the reset steps, it still knows all my connectied devices. Does this mean the reset failed? I tried the procedure severall times.

Any other ideas?

Cheers,

Hello svpe4711, 

Thanks for getting back to us, I am sorry that these steps did not work for you. 

As you have tried all troubleshooting steps, the best option here would be to reach out to your local customer support center and explore the service options for your headset. You can do this by clicking this link here, selecting your region, scrolling to the bottom of the page, and selecting contact us. If you are in the US or UK you can also reach out via Facebook or Twitter and one of our team can help you there. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 15, 2019

Hi Bose, 

I got the same issue. The audio quality of the earphone with wired cable is certainly bad and without ANC what's the point to buy it. I am so disappointed for such experience for a headphone at this cost and by my favourite headphone brand. I bought it for a 12-hour long haul flight and ended up no audio or no NC, which is the worst experience by far.

Plus I have problem updating the firmware via Bose Music on my iPhone 6S. 

Please fix it ASAP. 

Hello @sheawh

Thank you for contacting the community. I am so sorry to hear that you are having this experience with your Noise Cancelling Headphones 700.

Have you tried all the troubleshooting which has been previously suggested within this thread?

In regards to the issues which you are facing with performing an update with your iPhone. You can alternatively do this via computer using a USB and visiting our firmware update website btu.bose.com.

Please let us know how you get on, we would love to do what we can to assist you with this matter. 

Tegan M 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 3, 2019

@Tegan_M 

Hi, 

I called Bose customer service in Germany last week and I was told it works as designed. No NC via audio cable.

If this is true, it becomes100% useless as a travel device in airplains. 

Can you confirm this? Any chance to get the Product Management involved?

Any chance to fix this via a firware upgreade??

Thanks,

Contributor
Registered since

Sep 15, 2019

I managed to update it by plugging into the computer. 

Now the firmware is updated but the cable issue is not solved.

Following up the message by svpe4711, if it was true, I would be totally disappointed and look for a refund. The audio with cable is so muddy, blurred sound like FM quality.