Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 18, 2020

Re: NC Headphones 700 microphone not working on PC

Hey @sambouwer i tried as you described, same behavoiur.

Also bose support told me that there's to solution for this issue.

Guess I have to change manufacturer now.

But thank you anyways for you time.

Kind regards and have a nice weekend!

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 18, 2020

Wait... what? Bose said it isn't possible to use the NC-700's as a headset for PC-based calling? I sincerely hope that is a misunderstanding. 

Bose Support Team - there are multiple threads on this topic. Can someone please provide authoritative advice on how to fix this situation? I suspect a firmware update will be required, and that's fine, but we'd love an estimate of when that might arrive?

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 14, 2019

Did you do the obvious next step here which is pairing your NC700 "headphonez" with another Win10 computer?

It would eliminate your computer/bluetooth adapter as the culprit. Am I the only one that find's it weird it says "Headphonez" in your Bluetooth listing?

Your initial attemps to get the mic work in stereo mode is very amusing, as is your BT 4.0 vs. BT 5.0 assumption. Get help from someone in your area.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 18, 2020

@NoNoBadDog 

Generally it is possible to use the Bose NC 700 as a headset. The issue is that my PC does not recognize the Headphones as a Headset.

Bose Support won't do any fix for that, because there are endless BT chip manufacturers any I guess it would be too much effort to support them all.Highlighted

@audiofanatic666 

Unfortunately i don't have any other windows systems to verify it is a local problem.

As you can read in other threads, people made the mic work in Win 10.

So the problem is most likley my BT chip which cannot handle this product.

However i've already tried another BT dongle which wasn't able to make the mic working as well.

Maybe I'm just unlucky with the hardware, but anyways i've decided to get rid of this product as I have spent too much time and money into this already.

And the reason why the Headphones are called "Headphonez" in my Bluetooth listing, is because i gave them a custom name on set-up.

Thank you all anyways for your time.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 21, 2020

Bose 700 Not Working with Windows 10

Hello Bose.

I am absolutely astonished that you are selling a roughly $400 headset and it doesn't pair with one of the most widely used operating systems in the world. This headset costs the same as many peoples monthly incomes around the world and yet it is seemingly impossible for me to get this to work on my laptop.

Should I just ship this back to Amazon and tell everyone to stay as far away from the Bose 700 as possible? For this price my experience ought to be seamless. It just doesn't work. Come on guys.

I can get this saying its paired after a lot of hassling with disconnecting from my phone and toggling bluetooth on and off. Took about 10-15 minutes of that. Incredible! So after that it connects but doesn't send audio through the headset nor does the headset tell me auditorily that it has connected.