Highlighted
s.j.balfour@outlook.com
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 20, 2018

NC700 (2nd set): Stuttering and static whilst streaming (DI.fm via iTunes), plus charging issues

Hello Someone - Anyone - From Bose 

On Sunday (09/11/2019) I exchanged my NC700 with Amazon. This post refers to issues I am still having with the new set, as well as issues which are peculiar to the new set (as of writing there is only one, but it's a biggie). 

1. I primarily listen to DI.fm channels via iTunes. My wifi is more than capable of handling the highest (320kbps MP3) but there are frequent dropouts, sometimes as frequent as every 15-20 seconds and it stutters. I also had this problem with the previous set

2. Connection issues still ongoing: I am still having to re-pair them to my MacBook Pro (running Mojave 10.14.6) every time I want to use them. As of now (i.e. the last time I used them earlier this morning) they are (or were) only connected to my MBP, they were NOT connected to my iPad (which is running iPadOS 13.2 - as a side note, this pair do connect to the Music app, so I guess that's something)

3. Charging issues (again this issue was/is common to both sets). I charge them using an Amazon Basics C-to-C cable plugged into an Anker PowerPort (This: https://www.anker.com/uk/products/variant/usb-c-charger,-anker-powerport-speed--duo-wall-charger/A26...). I plugged the new ones in Sunday, straight out of the box, and presumed that, once the LED had stopped blinking they were done, so I put them away. When I came to use them, however, the voice announced the same amount of charge as they had when I plugged them in (I think it was around 6hrs or so). I plugged them back in to check and, yep the LED didn't flash but, when I unplugged them and switched them on, the voice announced "Battery 19hrs" i.e. they are not charging to full (the old set did - eventually (at least the prompt would always tell me it was full))

4. Now this is the issue peculiar to the new set - twice when I was using them this morning - a session which lasted 95 minutes - I received a burst of static in my left ear (probably lasting around 5 seconds), which is not something you want when you're feeling like utter **bleep**e and trying to switch off to a bit of psychill. The bursts were about 30 minutes apart.

Please, if you're going to respond, spare me the usual troubleshooting [edited by a moderator], it didn't help before and it won't help now. These headphones cost £350 and, for that price, I think I have a right to expect them to work perfectly out of the box and, if they don't, to be given support far beyond simply being linked to a troubleshooting page. 

I bought these to replace my QC35ii because I was becoming increasingly frustrated with their lack of ANC (which as those of us who have these know, was killed by a firmware update in June). 

4 REPLIES 4
s.j.balfour@outlook.com
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 20, 2018

Re: NC700 (2nd set): Stuttering and static whilst streaming (DI.fm via iTunes), plus charging issues

Please, if there is anyone who can help me with this I would very much appreciate it. Email support has been less than helpful. I am autistic and confined to bed and I really need this to stop frustrating me! I know this will sound ridiculous, but I find the fact that support is NOT dealing with my precise problems but, instead, simply quoting from the NC700 troubleshooting page, something I told them not to do because I had tried everything on it and it hadn't helped, rather frightening - why…? Why do that…? I really don't understand. 

I just want what I paid for: a pair of £350 headphones in PWO - is that too much to ask…? I'm beginning to wonder if it's something to do with the this one batch as both sets I've had to date have had serial numbers [edited by a moderator].

Is there any possibility, please, that I could get a set with a completely unique serial…? @Wayne_M @Hector_B @Jeff_G @Liam_W  - someone…? Please…? 

s.j.balfour@outlook.com
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 20, 2018

Re: NC700 (2nd set): Stuttering and static whilst streaming (DI.fm via iTunes), plus charging issues

I have just attempted to connect them to the Music app again - they now WILL NOT connect. Deleted the app and reinstalled it to my iPad Pro, didn't help. Yes, they are connected via my iPad's settings.

I have also attempted to update them via the Bose Updater app on my MacBook Pro - I plug them into my computer, use the applet to go to the Bose updater website, they are NOT recognised! 😡😠

Two sets. Identical issues. Similar serials. When are you going to admit that the AE series has problems, Bose…? 🤔

s.j.balfour@outlook.com
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 20, 2018

Time to update this post AGAIN. 

In an 85-minute session, the sound cut out completely - twice, the second time necessitated me re-pairing them (streaming via iTunes, MacBook Pro). I know iTunes was still streaming, because my visualiser was still active, and the sound must've still been going to the headphones because they were still showing as paired.

That's it, had enough, but what do I do about getting them replaced with a non-AE series set when UK support is so utterly useless…? (and Bose staff here seem to be completely ignoring this thread). £350, the most I've ever spent on a pair of headphones; y'know I swore off Bose after the myriad issues I had with my QC35ii, but I was willing to give you a second chance. These are absolutely not fit for purpose. I know my rights - and I want what I thought I was paying for - a set of premium headphones. 

I look forward to someone contacting me at their earliest convenience. 

Community Manager

Hello s.j.balfour,

I am deeply sorry to hear that you have been having these issues with your headphones and I understand that this is frustrating for you. I would love to help.

I have noticed however that you have already posted on different threads and that our moderators have attempted to provide you with troubleshootings steps. As these suggestions did not resolve the issues you are having, the next step for you is to contact Customer Service in your region to discuss the service options that are available to you. As mentioned by my colleague Charlotte in her answer to you in one of these threads, we are unable to discuss specific service options on the Community and our aim on this platform is to assist our customers with their products if they have any questions and provide trouble shooting assistance should they encounter any issues. Our colleagues from Customer Service are here to help you and will be happy to discuss further.

To find the contact information for local support, click on this link, choose your country of residence, then click on "Contact Us" at the bottom of the page.

Many thanks,

Anne S