Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kbnk
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 1, 2020

NC700 + Bose USB Link still no mute

Hello all, 

knowing about the issues with NC700 and mute "feature" I decided to buy USB link dongle to address these. Updated all to the latest FW(NC with 1.7. and USB link with v0074) 

Bose music app recognizes the dongle and adds features like - "use assistant button to answer the calls and meetings" and "touch right earcup to mute unmute"

Well.. thats all nice.. however it doesnt work. I am still unable to mute the myself in the Teams call nor answer/disconnect calls/meetings

I am not even paying attention to the fact that when connected to USB Link, the ANC is 50% less efficient and I hear quiet white noise...

I tried to reboot, reinitiate, repair.. connect with only laptop (windows 10) or only phone or both.. didnt help. So.. am I doing something wrong ? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
escape
Enthusiast
Registered since

Nov 4, 2020

Re: NC700 + Bose USB Link still no mute

Author Accepted Answer selected by Kbnk

it may be way to obvious but you should disable bluetooth. the headset should only be connected to your USB Link and your device settings inside teams should show USB Link as audio and micro source.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Sam_F

Hey Kbnk,

I'm sorry to hear you've encountered difficulty with the mute feature on your NC700 headphones - this should be working with or without using the USB dongle.

While on a call, press and release the Voice Assistant button to mute the microphone. When you mute your microphone you should find the LED on the dongle turns red to signify the mute. If you haven't tried this already, give this a go and let me know if you have any success!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
escape
Enthusiast
Registered since

Nov 4, 2020

Author Accepted Answer selected by Kbnk

it may be way to obvious but you should disable bluetooth. the headset should only be connected to your USB Link and your device settings inside teams should show USB Link as audio and micro source.

View solution in original post

Kbnk
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 1, 2020

Thanks, but your answer doesnt apply to my problem at all. As mentioned I have issues with MS teams and computer compatibility. not calls on a mobile phone. 

Kbnk
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 1, 2020

Thanks escape, interestingly enough it started to work in 2-3 days itself.. not sure why I have not rebooted or reinstalled anything.. 🙂 I'll mark your answer as accepted as it provides useful information. Thanks 

Cork48
Participant
Registered since

Jul 15, 2021

Sorry for repeating the query.  New member.  Have had the headset for a few months and love them.

I simply cannot get it to work even when I have done what you said.

NC 700 connected only to USB Link and USB Link is micro and audio in Teams.

All that happens when I hit the lower button is the USB link flashes 3 times.

Hector_B

Hey Cork48, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community! Sorry to hear that you are also having this mute issue. 

Can you please clarify which color the LED is on your USB link? I'd also like to know if this issue a new issue that has presented itself or has occurred since you got the headset a few months ago? 

We look forward to hearing back from you with a little further information. 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Cork48
Participant
Registered since

Jul 15, 2021

Absolutely - outside of a Teams call the USB link light is blue.

On initial connection it is blue then flashes purple and then returns to blue.

Touching the lower key button makes the light flash purple 3 times and returns to blue.

Vicky_W

@Cork48, thanks for confirming this for us. Can I please ask what device you are running teams on? Also, are the headphones on the latest firmware? You can check this at http://btu.bose.com on a computer. 

I look forward to your reply. 

Cork48
Participant
Registered since

Jul 15, 2021

Hi Vicky, 

Firmware version 1.8.2-11524+e0f7590

On a Dell Elitebook 7280 laptop.