Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 23, 2020

NC700, Can't play audio on iphone while Windows PC connected

When I try to play audio on iphone, I get silence while Windows10 PC is connected.

If I disable the windows connection, then everything works well.

For voice calls from iphone, everything works fine.

Is there anything I can try on the windows PC or app to stop it claiming audio exclusively?

I think this was already happening before the 1.7 fw upgrade.

Current settings:

Windows 10 build 19041.50

Headphon models : NC700HP

NC700 FW version: 1.70-160068+f3675e6

App: 4.01

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: NC700, Can't play audio on iphone while Windows PC connected

Hey Russetrob, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Bose Community. Let's look into this odd connection issue you are having a little further! 

Let's start with clearing the pairing list for the headset by powering on your headset, then press and hold the Power/Bluetooth on the right earcup for about 10 seconds until you hear the Bluetooth device list cleared. Once this is complete please connect the iPhone first and the PC.

I would also like to know if this issue happens with other devices at all or just the PC? 

We look forward to hearing back from you and would love to hear from any other users with a similar issue. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 23, 2020

I'm only using with iphone and PC at present.

I think I may have found out what was causing the problem.....

Itunes was open on PC.

Now that Itunes is closed, it seems to be working normally.

I suppose what I need to know is how Windows knows to claim audio, and which apps do so.

If anyone's got suggestions for keywords, I'll go and ask on the Windows 10 techie forums.

Highlighted

@russetrob I'm glad to hear that you have found a workaround for the problem. It seems that when iTunes is open, a signal is still being sent to show your Windows 10 system is still active and taking priority. 

I would like to open up this discussion to other members of the Bose Community to recommend any other solutions. I also think reaching out to the Windows forums would be a great idea.

Let us know if there's anything else we can help with.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!