07-13-2019 08:01 AM
Message 1 of 3
I've had the NC700 headphones since Monday and overall I do like them.
- They fit my head well and stay on without slipping as some other headphones do.
- Noise-canceling is decent
- Bose Music app on iOS 12.3.1 is kind of buggy
- Often says they aren't connected to the iPhone XS Max, even though Bluetooth shows that they are
- Setting voice assistant to Alexa automatically sets the "Wake up word" on and changes the shortcut to "enable/disable wake up word"
- It would be nice to switch between paired devices through the headphones themselves, instead of having to go into the app. Also, it seems to forget what devices were paired when the headphones were last powered off and automatically connects to first two devices in the list if they are available. For example, I often have my iPhone and MacBook paired at the same time, but when I am winding down at night, I like to disconnect my Mac and just listen on the phone. When I power them back on in the morning, it automatically connects to both the phone and Mac.
- I'm probably an "edge case" here, but I like all three virtual assistants (Siri, Google Assistant, and Alexa) since all 3 have different capabilities and features. It would be nice to summon whichever virtual assistant with the button just by saying "Sri," "Google" or "Alexa" when pressing the virtual assistant button instead of having to go into the app. For example, Alexa on iOS can't play Apple Music or Spotify but can play Amazon Music, TuneIn, and SiriusXM. I was able to create a Siri shortcut that uses the Google Assistant to start a station on TuneIn though.
- As others have posted, it would be nice when paired to 2 devices, if the headphones would stop playback on one device automatically when another device makes a sound and then resume the original playback when the second one is done instead of playong over each other.