Highlighted
Mike_from_MKE
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 10, 2019

NC700 First Impressions

I've had the NC700 headphones since Monday and overall I do like them.

Pros:

• They fit my head well and stay on without slipping as some other headphones do.
  • Noise-canceling is decent

Cons:

• Bose Music app on iOS 12.3.1 is kind of buggy
    • Often says they aren't connected to the iPhone XS Max, even though Bluetooth shows that they are
    • Setting voice assistant to Alexa automatically sets the "Wake up word" on and changes the shortcut to "enable/disable wake up word"
  • It would be nice to switch between paired devices through the headphones themselves, instead of having to go into the app.  Also, it seems to forget what devices were paired when the headphones were last powered off and automatically connects to first two devices in the list if they are available.  For example, I often have my iPhone and MacBook paired at the same time, but when I am winding down at night, I like to disconnect my Mac and just listen on the phone.  When I power them back on in the morning, it automatically connects to both the phone and Mac.
  • I'm probably an "edge case" here, but I like all three virtual assistants (Siri, Google Assistant, and Alexa) since all 3 have different capabilities and features.  It would be nice to summon whichever virtual assistant with the button just by saying "Sri," "Google" or "Alexa" when pressing the virtual assistant button instead of having to go into the app.  For example, Alexa on iOS can't play Apple Music or Spotify but can play Amazon Music, TuneIn, and SiriusXM.  I was able to create a Siri shortcut that uses the Google Assistant to start a station on TuneIn though.
  • As others have posted, it would be nice when paired to 2 devices, if the headphones would stop playback on one device automatically when another device makes a sound and then resume the original playback when the second one is done instead of playong over each other.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: NC700 First Impressions

Author Accepted Answer selected by Mike_from_MKE

Hello mikepolinske, 

Thank you very much for posting in the Bose Community today. 

It's great to hear that you like the Noise Cancelling Headphones 700 and all of your feedback is appreciated immensely. 

Regarding the problem you are having with the Bose Music app and the connection, we have recently posted an update to the community regarding this matter. You can find more information here: Noise Cancelling Headphones 700 - App setup and connection issue on iOS.

For the rest of the feedback, I will be passing this along to our development team for them to review and consider. 

If you have anything further to add, or any questions, please do get back to us. 

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

2 REPLIES 2

Author Accepted Answer selected by Mike_from_MKE

Hello mikepolinske, 

Thank you very much for posting in the Bose Community today. 

It's great to hear that you like the Noise Cancelling Headphones 700 and all of your feedback is appreciated immensely. 

Regarding the problem you are having with the Bose Music app and the connection, we have recently posted an update to the community regarding this matter. You can find more information here: Noise Cancelling Headphones 700 - App setup and connection issue on iOS.

For the rest of the feedback, I will be passing this along to our development team for them to review and consider. 

If you have anything further to add, or any questions, please do get back to us. 

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

Mike_from_MKE
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 10, 2019

Yes, so far the app update has helped.  Looking forward to future updates and enhancements.

Thank you.