NC700 - Found a working bluetooth dongle for Windows device!!!
So, like a lot of you guys, I had a lot of problems using my NC700 with several Windows 10 devices, including a Microsoft Surface Book 2.
Calls in Teams, Skype, WebEx and Discord were not working. Mic and/or speakers were dropping after a few minutes using those apps.
Since there is no help from Bose whatsoever, I just ordered 8 different Bluetooth dongles online and started testing.
And.... I found two working dongles so far, both for less than 10€:
And, when I had a closer look, I found the chipset for the second one (Mpow) is: Broadcom BCM20702
This chipset is used in a lot of cheap USB Bluetooth dongles and the chance, that they'll all work with Windows 10 devices, is quite good.
What is working for me now:
- Connected to Surface Book 2 AND Galaxy S9 at the same time
- Calls from Skype, Discord, WebEx and Teams are working on Windows 10 devices
- Stereo Profile on Windows Device for Youtube, Spotify and so on is working
- Switching between Galaxy S9 and Surface Book 2 for calls or as audio source is working seamlessly.
Short description, what I did with the dongles:
- delete Bose NC700 (LE-Bose NC 700 HP and Bose NC 700 HP) from bluetooth list in Windows
- disable your built-in bluetooth
- restart Windows
- clear device list on NC700
- plug in USB Bluetooth dongle
- update drivers of USB Bluetooth dongle (using Windows update)
- bring NC 700 into pairing mode
- search for new Bluetooth devices in Windows
- first connect LE-Bose NC 700 HP
- then connect Bose NC 700 HP
I really hope this will help some people here and I'm still outraged, that Bose was not able to do this simple test!