Participant
Registered since

Dec 23, 2020

NC700 Microphone Deeper Voice Issues

Microphone does not work for me but picks up other voices in the room.  Is there some frequencies of voice it does not pick up?  My voice is deeper.  Any help appreciated

Bose product name: NC700

Firmware Version: 1.8.2-11524+e0f7690

App Version: 4.2.4

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on:  Samsung Galaxy S9 and Windows 10

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce: Try to take a phone call or teams meeting and the microphone does not pick up my voice.  It does pick up the TV in the background and kids voices.  Google assist works for me but that is it.

What environment do you experience the issue in? quite or noisy room

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?  Brand new headset that always had the problem.

Any troubleshooting steps you took

Tried to remove all paired devices and add it back. 

Software updated and still same issue.

Tried reset by turning it off, plugging it in for 5 seconds and then unplug for 1 min

Tried multiple windows 10 machines with same issue.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: NC700 Microphone Deeper Voice Issues

Hey @Nephinij, 

Thank you for reaching out to us and welcome! 

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing with your NC700 microphone. I will be more than happy to help you! 

Those are some really great steps to start with, thanks for trying them. I would recommend trying the steps HERE that you have not tried already. The headphones do not pick up a certain frequency more than another. 

Let me know how you get on! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Participant
Registered since

Dec 23, 2020

Sorry forgot to provide an update.  The issue seemed to fix itself after removing everything and reloading it so maybe something did not install or connect right the first time around.  I have been using it now for 2 weeks without issue.  

Thanks

Thanks for the update on this nephinj, I'm glad to hear everything is working correctly now!

If for any reason you do notice the problem picking up your voice come back at any point, please do let us know and we'll be happy to look into this further with you!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!