Jeff_G

Re: NC700 Microphone Mute Doesn't Work Properly

Hi Bobby C, 

Thanks for letting us know this, it is certainly doesn't appear to be behaving as expected. For now, it may be worth speaking to support as per Hector's instructions.

If anyone else has the same issues, please feel free to add to this thread. 

Kind regards, 

Jeff G

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
ayewill
Participant
Registered since

Jul 17, 2019

Hey, i am having a similar issue... Everything is working well till i mute... then when i press mute the other person on the call says they can hear me but that i am totally garbled/staticy... so bascially not working for me either... i am on the latest firmware... any suggestions?

Aye Will

Hector_B

Hi Ayewill, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Bose Community. I am deeply sorry to hear that you are also experiencing this issue. 

Can you please also attempt all of the other steps that have been suggested in this thread above? 

I look forward to hearing back from you and would love to hear from any other users that have had and resolved this issue. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Jernot
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 1, 2019

I am also having this issue with my PC. No matter how I press the mute/Assistant button on the headset (quick press or press and hold) it activates Cortana on Windows. It will not mute the microphone on the headset. This is extremely inconvenient as it requires me to be at my computer to mute the mic. This prevents me from using the headset as intended.

Additionally, when I switch the audio from my iPhone XS to the computer my iPhone will randomly and repeatedly disconnect from the headset bluetooth. This causes the audio prompts which prevents me from hearing call information and disables the mic while the prompt plays. In order to use the headset for a conference from my computer I must go onto my phone and disconnect from the headset in the bluetooth menu, then there are no issues with the call on the computer.

This only happens on my phone, I have unpaired from the phone and the Bose Music app then re-paired 3 times. It does not affect the symptoms. I have also performed the following:

1. Disconnect all cables from the headphones
  2. Connect one end of the USB cable to a USB-A wall charger or computer that is powered on
  3. Press and hold the Power/Bluetooth® button while connecting the small end of the USB cable into the USB-C port on the right earcup
  4. Release the Power/Bluetooth button when the Bluetooth light blinks blue

I made sure I have the latest firmware installed and the latest software is installed on my mobile device.

Edit:

I have found the disconnect/reconnect issue is only observed when the PC switches audio over to the Headset (Hands-free) mode for phone calls.

KatsuOBarbaro
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 2, 2019

I have the same issue.

I work in an open-office, and most of my days it's having calls with the customers.

Having that in mind, and seeing the great feedback on the mic capabilities, I said to me that I should purchase this headset.

The microphone's impressive, although, not being able to mute me through the headset it's a huge bummer! It requires that I need to be seated on my place and put to the waste the wireless feature!

I tested this on Webex, and Slack, and doesn't work in both of them.

Gabe111
Participant
Registered since

Aug 14, 2019

I am having the same issue too. I am using an iPhone X. If voice prompts are off, when I press the mute button on the right cup it mutes, but pressing it again (once or multiple times) never unmutes. If voice prompts are on, the mute functionality seems to work. However regardless whether voice prompts are on or off, the mute icon on the phone never shows the mute simbol when the button on the headphones is pressed.

Furthermore I will have to say that I do find voice prompts a bit intrusive and somehow annoying, especially for the muting functionality. Actually the only voice prompt I found useful is the one on long press on the right ear cup touch pad, as it tells you the remaining battery time. I wish I could keep this enabled and disable the rest. 

josephlcs
Participant
Registered since

Aug 16, 2019

Same problem here. Unmute does not work when voice prompts are off.

Keeping voice prompts on is not a solution either, because they cut out all other audio for several seconds. Voice prompts should be played on top of audio, instead of replacing audio, especially during voice calls.

mcorwin9
Participant
Registered since

Aug 20, 2019

I have the same issue as this thread

With PC connection (windows Pro 10)

- Mute button on headset pulls up cortana (even though my assistant is set as Siri)

- Mute button on headset doesn't change the mute status on PC apps that track audio setting (Zoom, WebEx).

When working with my iphone 8 :

- Mute button on headset trigger the the voice prompts indicating muted and unmuted correctly

- the mute status on my phone doesn't change.

In both cases, I made sure that I was only connected to one device by unconnecting the other through the Bose app.

My other bluetooth headset works perfectly on both pc and phone with the prompts and the device in sync with the headset..

I have update to date firmware 11.4-1144+be3bf4b

ayewill
Participant
Registered since

Jul 17, 2019

i tried all the steps and even disconnected permanently the second device,,, but still happening that when i come off mute the other person tells me that my voice is totally garbled 

any new firmware updates coming soon to fix this?> . i basically cant use the headphones for calls which was one if the principal reasons i bought them!

Vicky_W

Hello Ayewill and mcorwin9, 

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community Forums. 

I am so sorry that you are having issues with your Noise Canceling 700 headphones. 

As Hector mentioned previously, if you have tried all troubleshooting steps, I think that the best option here would be to reach out to your local customer support center and talk about this issue with them and see if there is anything your local team can do.

You can do this by clicking this link here, selecting your region, scrolling to the bottom of the page, and selecting contact us.

If you are in the US or UK you can also reach out via Facebook or Twitter and one of our team can help you there. 

I thank you for your patience and understanding at this time. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W