mcorwin9
Participant
Registered since

Aug 20, 2019

Re: NC700 Microphone Mute Doesn't Work Properly

When folks when to support did anyone get a resolution?  My support person is suggesting unit replacement which seems to be overkill for what looks like a software problem.

Jernot
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 1, 2019

I received the same responses from them. There are simply too many devices having the same issue for it to be a hardware issue. There is another person in my office who has a pair behaving the same way. If it wasn't for these being past their return window I would be taking them back and getting the QC 35 2's. They recently received a discount so they are about $300 now and in some places less.

ayewill
Participant
Registered since

Jul 17, 2019

I just got off the phone with then and they are sending me a replacement... have to send mine back first then wait for them to recieve them before they will send a replacement.. not exactly Amazon levels of customer service!

Overall pretty dissapointed as you would think this could be fixed with a software update... but hoping that the new ones will work at least!

KatsuOBarbaro
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 2, 2019

Hey Vicky,

I hope you are doing fine.

Could you please give us a little bit more context, on how should the mute button even work?

What is the expected behavior that we should have here?

Whenever using a tool like Webex, the mute button should be able to mute me, or does this only work on our mobile devices?

Eager to hear from you.

BobbyC
Collaborator
Registered since

Jul 10, 2019

@Vicky_W @Hector_B From all the responses we're seeing and the nature of what's happening, I'd be willing to bet this is a firmware issue with all NC700s, not something that a replacement will solve. How can we get this escalated to the engineering/dev teams?

Can you test this issue with a few NC700s? I'll be shocked if they're able to correctly mute and unmute when voice prompts are turned off for a mobile device or if they correctly mute a computer conferencing product like Zoom or WebEx.

BobbyC
Collaborator
Registered since

Jul 10, 2019

NC700 Voice Prompts Shouldn't Mute Audio

Currently, voice prompts mute the audio playing through NC700s, which is a large inconvenience especially while on a call. The most frustrating situation is when I'm on a call through my computer and my phone, which is 1ft away from the NC700s keeps disconnecting and reconnecting. When that happens, I can't hear several seconds of my call while the voice prompts tell me that the phone disconnected and immediately reconnected.

Even if the phone doesn't disconnect, it's still frustrating to not be able to hear the audio when a voice prompt plays. It would be a better solution for the audio volume to be lowered but not muted when a voice prompt plays.

I would just turn off voice prompts, although I do like hearing the battery life left when I start them, except that doing so makes it so you can't unmute when on a call through your phone (see this post).

I've been through all the troubleshooting, am on the latest firmware/app version, etc. This is a firmware issue, not an issue with my specific device or configuration. @Vicky_W @Hector_B please provide this feedback to the engineering/dev teams or let me know how I can do that.

Thanks!

Bobby

Hector_B

Hi BobbyC, 

Thanks for posting and reaching back out to me again today. 

Could you please confirm which software version that your iPhone XS is running as well as if you have attempted any other devices? 

Can you and all the other members of the community please also let me know which calls this issue happens on? (All? or some call platforms? If so which?) 

I look forward to hearing back from you all regarding this and appreciate your patience at this moment in time. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
BobbyC
Collaborator
Registered since

Jul 10, 2019

Hector,

Thanks for getting back to me. My iPhone XS is running iOS 12.4. I have tried this on another iPhone XS, and it behaves the same way.

The inability to unmute when voice prompts are turned off affects all calls made through a phone. The inability to mute while connected to the computer happens all the time, with all conferencing solutions.

Best,

Bobby

Hector_B

Hi BobbyC, 

Thanks for posting and updating me on this. I appreciate you sharing your findings with me. 

If any other members of the community could also answer the questions above this would be very helpful. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
KatsuOBarbaro
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 2, 2019

Hey @Hector_B,

I'm facing the lack of being able to mute on both Android and PC.

On PC, I have tested this without success with Webex and Slack.

On Android, I tested it with the native phone calls as well without success.

My android's version is 9 on Galaxy Note 9 with One UI 1.0.

Both Bose Music App and NC 700 are updated.

If you need any further information, please let me know.