Hector_B

Re: NC700 Microphone Mute Doesn't Work Properly

Hi KatsuOBarbaro, 

Thanks for posting and updating me on this! 

I appreciate the feedback and would love to hear from more users with this issue. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Alfred -
Participant
Registered since

Aug 16, 2019

When using Microsoft Teams (a.k.a Skype), WhatsApp, and other types of VoIP applications, on a Samsung Note 9 or on my Windows 10 PC, the Mute button doesn't work at all. 

repusj
Participant
Registered since

Sep 4, 2019

Hi,

I'm having the same issue. Are there any updates from Bose Engineering on this?

For a $400 flagship device, this seems like quite the oversight to not have muting / unmuting work unless voice prompts are on.

Hector_B

Hi RepusJ, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Bose Community.  

Could you please confirm which software version that your device is running as well as if you have attempted any other devices? 

Can you also let me know which calls this issue happens on? (All? or some call platforms? If so which?) 

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
deeptanwar
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 20, 2019

@Hector_B @Tegan_M @Zoe_C @Andy_B @Jeff_G @Vicky_W 

I am having the same issue i.e. when voice prompts are off, and I mute call on my phone, it won't unmute. A little bit of history.. I recently got Bose 700 ANC and was having the same issue with mute button, and touchpad was not working properly also they were getting disconnected from my phone when I was sitting just beside it.. so ya lot of problems, so connected to help desk, was going through troubleshooting steps and headphones wont turn on.

Dane from support was kind enough to provide a return. So just got my headphones again and much-much better, but mute thing still an issue.

When voice prompts on: Mute and Unmute work, but the mic icon on the phone will not display mute/unmute.

When voice prompts off: Call will be muted when button pressed, but won't unmute.

Not sure if you have any suggestions for me. 

Device I am using Iphone 6s Plus, on version iOS 12.4.1

Headphone on version 1.1.4-1144+be3bf4b

Also, today headphones won't cycle through noise cancellation preset when I was clicking the button on the left cup. This was fixed when I opened the app on my phone.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions for me on the mute function. 

ACr
Participant
Registered since

Jul 23, 2019

Precisely the same issue here. Mute/unmute works with voice prompts on; does NOT work with voice prompts off. Latest firmware is installed. 

deeptanwar
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 20, 2019

UPDATE - I have noticed that when I connect to iPhone and Ipad, there are no connection drop issues, but if I connect to iPhone and laptop, well whichever device I am using, the headphone will keep on dropping and connecting to the second device.

Massimiliano Atzori
Participant
Registered since

Sep 12, 2019

Same problem here. The headphones are paired to 1 LG Q6 (Android phone) and 1 iPhone 6s. When I take a call on the iPhone or on the Android phone, I am able to mute the microphone by pressing the Assistent button on the right earcup, but when I press it again, I hear the "mic on" sound and nothing else happens, the mic remains silenced. I have to drop the call or disconnect the phone to get the microphone back. The same thing happens with other applications, i.e. Voice Memos, in both phones

The mute/unmute works fine when I take a call on the laptop, using the cord, when the Bluetooth devices are not cnnected. I have the latest firmware, 1.1.4.

Hope it helps.

btw, these earphones are really a mess 🙂

Pushkar
Participant
Registered since

Sep 29, 2019

I am facing the same challenge. Mute doesn't work when I join a meeting using zoom on my computer  . 

Vicky_W

Hello Pushkar, 

Thanks for reaching out today. 

I am sorry that you are facing issues with your Noise Canceling 700 headphones and I would love to assist. 

Having tested this personally, I was able to get the audio to mute on the apps by pressing the mute button within the app. 

Please can you try this and let me know how you get on. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W