Participant
Registered since

Dec 21, 2019

NC700 Multi-point Connections not working

Hello,

My apologies if my post is repetitive as I am new to this forum. I recently purchased Bose NC700 and I am very happy with the product except with a feature not working properly. It was mentioned that Bose NC700 can connect actively connect to 2 Bluetooth sources simultaneously but can play only from one source at a time. So If I click pause on source 1 and play on source 2 it should continue playing music from source 2. I found that was interesting and working feature with QC35II but seeing the specs of NC700 I have chosen this but very much disappointing that feature for which I have chosen Bose over Sony is not working. I am not sure If I am missing any setting on my side but when I started the device I was asked about updating the firmware which after taking lot of time updated to 1.3.1. So I am not sure if my device is defective or if I miss anything. I tried raising a service request and it's mentioned that I can replace my headphones for free as my headphones are in warranty period.  But I would like to confirm if it's the problem with only my headphones or something from Bose itself, else it will be waste for me to replace the same headphones without the issue getting resolved. Does Bose is aware of this issue and are they going to release any firmware upgrades related this issue in future is what I would like to know. Else confirm if I have to replace the headphones with the warranty provided by Bose.

12 REPLIES 12

Re: NC700 Multi-point Connections not working

Hi Krish821,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the community. I'm sorry to hear you are having trouble switching between sources with your headphones and I would be happy to help with this.

So we can help you as effectively as possible I do have a few questions.

When we are switching between devices, which devices do we have connected? Are we always using the same 2 devices or have we tried more than this?

Does it do the same thing, no matter which device we are playing from first?

Kind regards,

Keith L - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Participant
Registered since

Dec 21, 2019

Hi

Thanks for the response. Below are my testing scenarios. 

I have Bose Music App installed on my Galaxy S8+. Connected and paired successfully my headphones to Galaxy S8+, My Laptop, LG TV, a Bluetooth Transmitter connected to Vizio TV. But at a time I have maintained 2 active Bluetooth connections

Connected S8+  and Laptop actively.

1. Played songs from Laptop and songs were audible from headphones. Now paused songs on Laptop and played songs from S8+ using Spotify. Songs continued from S8+ successfully. Now paused songs on Spotify and continued songs from Laptop. Songs audible from Laptop successfully. So this scenario worked as expected and is what I expected.

2. Connected S8+ and LG TV actively

Played sound on LG TV and its audible on headphones. Now paused LGTV and played songs in Spotify on S8+. No sound is audible on headphones. When I opened Bose Music app it says headphones disconnected even though both LG TV and S8+ were active earlier. Paused music on Spotify and played on LG TV. Sound from LG TV is audible from headphones. So this a failed scenario I raised my concern about. Instead of continuing sound from S8+ headphones remained inactive when LG TV was paused.

3. Connected S8+ and Bluetooth Transmitter(Connected to TV)

Same output as scenario 2.

So I am not sure if it's issue with headphones and bit confused as it's not same in all the scenarios. My expectation as was told in Bose Headphones features is scenario 1. Please let me know on this.

Hi Krish821,

Thank you for testing that for us and letting us know the results. 

You are correct, scenario 1 is how the headphones are supposed to behave when switching between devices. It is interesting that both of the devices that seem to be unable to switch are TVs. 

When you have tried switching from the TV to the phone, you mentioned that the Bose Music app shows the headphones as not connected. Do the headphones still show in your phone's device list at this point? IT would be useful to know if the headphones are disconnecting from the phone completely when connected to a TV.

Kind Regards,

Keith L

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Participant
Registered since

Dec 21, 2019

Yes, in my phone list of Bluetooth Connected devices Bose still appears as connected. It's only app which shows as disconnected and it immediately tries to make a connection with my headphones and shows the battery status etc. I found the same behavior even if i connected to my phone alone. Like when I am listening music on my headphones connected to phone, Bose music app still shows as disconnected even though i hear music from headphones.

So I am just wondering if it's issue with only my headphones as they are defective or it's something from Bose firmware itself. Do i have to return my headphones for warranty support or not is my question. 

Hello Krish821,

Thanks for getting back to us with this detailed information. 

It's certainly strange, however, let's go through a few steps to see if this can be resolved.

First, I'd recommend resetting your headphones. This can be done by following these steps:

1. Disconnect all cables from your headphones

2. Connect the larger end of the USB charging cable to a wall charger or a computer that is powered on

3. On the headphones, press and hold the Power/Bluetooth® button while connecting the smaller end of the USB cable to the right earcup. The Power LED should quickly blink twice

4. Once connected, release the Power/Bluetooth button after two seconds.

Next, I'd recommend clearing the pairing list on the headphones. Hold the Power/Bluetooth button for 10 seconds until you hear "Bluetooth device list cleared". Then, on all of your previously connected devices, go to the Bluetooth list and delete the headphones. Also, delete them from the Bose Music app and connect again.

Once you have done this, please let me know if the issue persists.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

Participant
Registered since

Dec 21, 2019

Hello,

I tried it doing 2 times and still the same. Everything working fine connecting my S8+ and my HP Spectre Laptop, I can able to pause music on S8+ and continuing music from laptop and doing the reverse with these 2. But switching is not working while connecting my S8+ and Bluetooth in my LG TV.

Hello Krish821,

As this is working flawlessly with other devices, I would have to put this down to the connection with your LG TV. It's possible that the TV is constantly sending an audio signal and therefore the headphones cannot recognize the switch. 

I'd like to open up the conversation to the Bose Community to see if anybody else has experienced this and possible workarounds. 

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

Participant
Registered since

Dec 21, 2019

Hello,

As I mentioned earlier, I have tested my scenarios with LG TV, HP Laptop, a Bluetooth Transmitter connected to Vizio TV. I just purchased another Bluetooth Transmitter from Amazon just to test the headphones. It's successfully identifying the transmitter when connected to both the TV's and it's not working as expected of switching the audio. While testing the scenarios, I have made sure that I am clicking Pause on Device 1 and giving a gap for few seconds and playing audio on device 2 which it's working fine with Laptop and S8+ and not with S8+ and Bluetooth in LG TV, Bluetooth Transmitters.

I would like to know if my device is defective and if it requires warranty support.

Hi Krish821,

Given that the headphones are working correctly with the phone and laptop, and the issue is only with your TVs, it does not sound like your headphones are defective and as such would likely not require warranty support. You are welcome to contact your support team for this, but I do not believe it would be likely to resolve this issue you are experiencing.

From how you are describing the issue it does sound like the TV and the adapters connected to the TV are preventing the switch. AS @Charlotte_G mentioned above It's possible that they are constantly sending an audio signal stopping the headphones from recognizing when they should switch. 

Kind Regards,

Keith L