Highlighted
Roycey
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 5, 2019

NC700 No Audio with noise cancelling when using wire

I have had the NC700 for a few months and they have been working fine. This past week I was on a flight with them plugged into the seat with the wire and there were no issues. A few days later I was watching something on my iPad with noise cancelling on and then I unplugged them by accident and when I replugged them, there was no sound. When I turn off the noise canceling I have audio. I have tried this with another device and same issue. There is audio without noise canceling on but there is no audio when it is on and wired. With Bluetooth, I have audio in both noise canceling and off modes. Any thoughts on why this might be?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: NC700 No Audio with noise cancelling when using wire

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Charlotte_G

Hello Roycey,

Could you please try adjusting the volume by using the touch gestures on the headphones? You can do this by swiping up on the touch-sensitive area. If you are not familiar with the gestures, please visit Headphones' buttons and touch controls for some guidance.

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G

7 REPLIES 7

Hi Roycey, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Bose Community. I am deeply sorry to hear that you have encountered this strange issue and would love to assist you further. 

Firstly, I would recommend that you perform a reset on the headphones via: 

• Disconnect all cables from the headphones
  • Connect one end of the USB cable to a USB-A wall charger or computer that is powered on
  • Press and hold the Power/Bluetooth button while connecting the small end of the USB cable into the USB-C port on the right earcup
  • Release the Power/Bluetooth button after 2 seconds

As well as ensuring that the headphones are running the latest software via Btu.bose.com

Please update me on the result of this and if anyone else in the community is experiencing the same issue please do let us know. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

Roycey
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 5, 2019

I tried this step and still, I have no audio when the headphone are wired into a device and noise cancellation is on. I even disconnected and had all Bluetooth devices forget the headphones. This is very disappointing as I am on a long flight on Wednesday so won’t be able to go into a store or do further troubleshooting until I’m home. 

Hello Roycey,

Thanks for getting back in touch, I understand your frustration in this situation and will try my best to help you out. I recommend that you test the headphones with your phone to see if the same issue occurs. 

Please get back to me with your results.

Kindest regards,

Zoe  C

Roycey
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 5, 2019

I don’t have the headphone jack adapter (iPhone X) so can’t test with my phone but the issue was present on a plane last week when I plugged into the headphone jack. 

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Charlotte_G

Hello Roycey,

Could you please try adjusting the volume by using the touch gestures on the headphones? You can do this by swiping up on the touch-sensitive area. If you are not familiar with the gestures, please visit Headphones' buttons and touch controls for some guidance.

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G

Roycey
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 5, 2019

Hi Charlotte - This worked. Thank you for your help! The headphones must have gotten set to zero volume somehow.

Hello Roycey,

That's great to hear! Any further problems, please do not hesitate to reach out to us.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G