Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 2, 2018

NC700 - Quick way to turn ANC on and off, please?

Recently got the NC 700s, and I have one major feature request.

I am one of those that never use ANC when listening to music.

It's what I use whenever I listen to anything else, but with music I always turn it off.

And I do mean the actual "Noise Cancellation" feature in the Bose Music app, not setting ANC to 0.

The current way to do this is way more cumbersome than it needs to be.

When using bluetooth:

Going from off to on is fine enough, with a tap or two with the left button.

When I want to turn it off again, you have to dig into the Bose Music settings and kill it in there.

Wired mode is absolutely horrible:

When going from off to on, the procedure is the same as bluetooth.

When turning it off again, you need to disconnect it from the wired source, have it connect to your phone over bluetooth, and turn it off in the app.

This makes me almost never use ANC ever, since getting if off again is usually a nuance at best, and a hassle at worst. This is truly a shame, since that's a huge part of this product.

A way to physically turn off ANC is really wanted.

Either include it in the list of "favorites" in the ANC settings, or let us double/triple-click one of the physical buttons.

Besides this, the 700s is a great set of headphones that I love to use.

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted

Re: NC700 - Quick way to turn ANC on and off, please?

Hey PMChr97, 

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Bose Community! We appreciate your feedback on this. 

I would be more than happy to raise this as a future feature request for you. 

If any other users would like to see this added please do post below. 

Kind regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jan 12, 2020

I'm really counting on the implementation of this feature. It would make this headphones much more enjoyable.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 20, 2020

I agree.  This needs to be a feature that can be changed through physical buttons on the headphones themselves.  Perhaps a long press of the ANC button.  Press the button quickly to cycle through favorites, long press to enable/disable ANC.

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jan 18, 2020

Yes please! And also fix the crackling sound when connected to 2 devices please.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 3, 2020

Agree, this needs to be implemented. Could be very useful.

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 14, 2020

NC700 - Quick way to turn ANC on and off, please?

Hello,

Someone mentioned this before but it has been 5 months and still, no feature 😞 Currently to turn off noise canceling you have to use the app because 0 isn't actually off, it is conversation mode. Why would there be a conversation mode as part of the 0-10 scale and not just off? I honestly can't figure it out as I have never wanted to listen to music and have noise being fed into my earphones from the microphones. I don't want to have to pull my phone out every time to turn off noise canceling. Hopefully, you add this feature soon.

Thanks

Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Mar 25, 2020

Similar topic over here: https://community.bose.com/t5/Around-On-Ear-Headphones/NC-700-disable-noise-cancel-using-hardware-bu...

Let's get some likes on these topics to raise priority with engineering.

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Mar 25, 2020

@Hector_B Same request over here: https://community.bose.com/t5/Around-On-Ear-Headphones/NC-700-disable-noise-cancel-using-hardware-bu...

Do you developers consider number of likes on a topic when they are developing their sprints. I'm not sure what their backlog looks like, but how can we, as a community, show our support in raising the priority of this request?

I put a couple user stories in my post on the other thread. Can those get shared with engineering?

On another note, if you really want to promote a community around Bose products, then we need more from you moderators. How can you best serve us? I know there is information you can't share, but simply posting that you will raise a feature request and then never coming back to at least confirm that it was done does not promote a sense that you are listening to us and care what feedback we have.

Consistent communication from Bose will enable a thriving community.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 29, 2020

+1 on this, that would be very much appreciated