Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 6, 2020

NC700 Update not possible

I am unable to update firmware to 1.4.12. 

Screenshot 2020-08-06 at 5.35.16 PM.png

 This the message I get on my Mac. 

Screenshot 2020-08-06 at 5.37.08 PM.png

 On Chrome it say product is is upto date Version 1.3.1

won't go any further..

what should I do?

Pl help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: NC700 Update not possible

Bose Best Answer selected by Community Manager Andy_B

Hi all,

We're happy to share that firmware version 1.7.0 has been released today. This update includes the adjustable equalizer. You can find our full release notes regarding 1.7.0 here.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 3, 2020

Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - NO updates

I cannot update my Bose 700 headphones. They are still on the 1.3.x version and both the app and the online update tool finds no new updates. 

I have tried factory reset of the headphones as well without luck!

My headphones are new (not refurbished).

What to do?

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 23, 2017

Re: Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - NO updates

The 1.4.1 update was pulled out due to being very buggy. So for now, you just have to wait, unfortunately.

Highlighted

Hi PradeepA,

Thanks for reaching out. 

At this time, it is not possible to update your firmware past 1.3.1 unless you already had 1.4.12 before we decided to halt the ability to download this firmware.

This is because we have had reports of unexpected behaviour occurring with the 1.4.12 firmware, so to avoid further concerns with customers at this time if you have firmware version 1.3.1 this is the latest firmware available to you. Users who already have firmware 1.4.12 can currently update to 1.5.1, but this firmware is solely to address the red and white blinking LED issue reported resulting from version 1.4.12.

We're aware that users with 1.3.1 are eager to get the EQ which has been made available by the 1.4.12 update, but we appreciate your patience whilst we look into the firmware concerns before we allow this download to continue. 

If you have any further questions do let us know.

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 6, 2020

Bose 700 not update !! help me

please help me 😩
Bose 700 Firmware
 Not Upgrade

I have they  issue where I can't upgrade from 1.3.1 to 1.4, not from the Music App or the browser updater, both say that 1.3.1 is the latest firmware available.

I lost equaliser features  

52635C6A-8555-4A74-9357-5B5E391DEB58.jpeg

My headphones are brand new and arrived today.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 6, 2020

@Tegan_M  1-Telling me please when I get last update because need equalizer

feature 
I do everything to get last update but I have 1.3.1 no equaliser features 

2- this only my problem telling me this issue need to replacement from local support or waiting for update this issue 

thanks so much in advance @Tegan_M 

Highlighted

Hello Abdallaatya,

By getting a replacement, this will not resolve this concern. It is currently not possible to update your headphones to 1.4.12 as we have paused the ability to download this firmware.

We appreciate that you are interested in the EQ feature, but we ask for your patience at this time whilst we work on fixing our customers concerns with this update before we allow this firmware version to be downloadable once more. 

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 23, 2020

Just bought NC 700's and I am unable to update them to the newest firmware.

When first attempting to update my headphones during the first time set up process the Bose music app crashed. After uninstalling and reinstalling it, it appeared to successfully update them, but to version 1.3.1 not the current 1.5.1. I also tried using the online web app to update my headphones and it says I have the current version installed, but I don't since the version displayed is 1.3.1. Is there an issue with the update manager on Bose's end or do I have a faulty headset? 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 17, 2020

Re: Just bought NC 700's and I am unable to update them to the newest firmware.

The 1.4.1 update was pulled back because it broke the headphones. 1.5.1 fixes it (with its very own issues) but they'll give it to those who already upgraded to 1.4.1 first.

So no, your device isn't faulty. 1.3.1 is the most update version for you right now. You'll get 1.5.x eventually (if you really want that lol)

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 1, 2020

Re: Just bought NC 700's and I am unable to update them to the newest firmware.

When update is expected for users with firmware version 1.3.1? Does the update will solve the connect/disconnect issue while connecting to two devices?