Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 30, 2020

NC700 Updates & Problems

Hi

Got this headset today and I'm really struggling with them. Hoping someone could please help me out. Have a few questions about my exerience so far.

(1) I can't seem to update my NC700s past 1.3.1. btu(dot)bose(dot)com will tell me 1.3.1 is the latest version. How do I update to the most recent firmware (I believe 1.5.1)?

(2) The sound quality when connected to my PC is worthy of a earbuds worth $4.99. When the microphone is enabled the audio defauls to mono. Why? How can i use the standard stereo sound while connecting the device to my PC with the microphone on? Whether this is a conference call, VOIP software or in games. I have bluetooth 5.0 on my devices

(3) When the microphone is on, the noise cancelling turns off and I get the audio passthrough from the microphones amplified. How do turn this off? I want to have audio in my ears, and microphone on while the noise cancelling is removing all background noise. Sure this should be possible?

(4) I couldnt login to the bose community website with the details I created on the bose music app. Why did I need to create a second account? Did this bose music create my profile in some SAP customer database?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: NC700 Updates & Problems

Bose Best Answer selected by Community Manager Anne_S

Hi all,

I am so pleased to be able to announce that today we released 1.7.0.  This firmware update includes many improvements and features. You can read the full release notes here.

If you experience any issues you believe are a result up updating your firmware to 1.7.0, please let us know in the comments of the release notes.

Thanks again for your patience!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Hey there,

Thank you for taking the time to post - I'd be happy to answer your queries.

The latest firmware to install for the NC700 headphones is currently 1.3.1. There has been a decision to pause the 1.4.12 and after firmware whilst we iron out any issues and ensure we're providing our absolute best to users. Expect firmware including the equalizer feature to release in the future.

Are you connecting your headphones to your PC using Bluetooth or the provided audio cable? Have you tried clearing the pairing lists on both your headphones and PC? It seems that you're describing sidetone which is normal and present when making calls on the headphones. Also, the details used for the Bose Community are not the same we keep within our database for the Bose Music app - apologizes for any inconvenience.

Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

wow. so the update that everyone is talking about and that i spent the whole day yesterday trying to install...doesn't exist anymore??

I would have been nice to have that information available somewhere obvious. And i think that all customers would like to be informed about that asap.
Every review that exists mentions the equalizer....

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 30, 2020

Hi Sam,

I'm connecting indeed through bluetooth. Not sure what you're suggesting here. I've clean paired my headset to my PC and nothing else. I see in the audio settings both a headphone option where the microphone does not work, and a headset one where it does. Its with the latter here that I'm having the terrible sound quality issues.

Not sure what you mean by "sidetone". Are you referring to when the noise cancellation is not on when using the microphone? Are you saying this feature not working while on a call is normal? surely not.

Thanks!

Highlighted

Hi All,

Thanks for posting and joining the discussion!

@A Normal Guy, having reduced sound quality when using the microphone is normal. This is due to the bandwidth available for streaming information over Bluetooth, it is not possible to stream both high-quality audio and the microphone audio simultaneously over Bluetooth.

Sidetone is a feature that allows some of the outside world to be played back into your headphones while on a call, this is done so you can hear your own voice while talking on a call so it is a more natural experience. It is possible to adjust the amount of outside noise that is played back in the headphones from the Bose Music app. To do this you would want to connect open the Bose Music app, select your headphones, and navigate to Settings >  Self Voice Adjustment. 

I hope this helps!

Highlighted
Community Manager

Bose Best Answer selected by Community Manager Anne_S

Hi all,

I am so pleased to be able to announce that today we released 1.7.0.  This firmware update includes many improvements and features. You can read the full release notes here.

If you experience any issues you believe are a result up updating your firmware to 1.7.0, please let us know in the comments of the release notes.

Thanks again for your patience!

View solution in original post