Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Urban4
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 15, 2019

NC700 bricked by factory reset

Use NC 700 with iPhone X and Macbook Pro.

- Tons of pairing/connectivity issues between phone and NC 700.

- Audio issues with Macbook Pro. (Clicking noise)

1. Reseted the NC 700

According to Instructions

These instructions are faulty. There is no blue light flashing to inform that you should release the button.

2. Updated the NC 700 via the App.

This took quite a while

3. Uninstalled the App

So many connectivity issues still that they where hardly usable

4. Another reset with firmware updated

The headphones are now bricked after reset and can't be turned on.

7 REPLIES 7
Tegan_M

Re: NC700 bricked by factory reset

Hello Urban4,

Thank you for your contribution to the community. I am very sorry to hear that you are experiencing multiple issues with your new Noise Cancelling Headphones 700. 

In this instance, I would recommend that you contact your regions Bose product support team where an agent will be able to get this resolved for you.  Please follow this link, select your region and scroll down to "Contact Us". There you will find the appropriate contact information and an agent there will happily assist you with this further.

Kind regards,

Tegan M - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Urban4
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 15, 2019

I have. They have been replaced with another pair of NC700.

Hopefully they will work. 

Would be really useful if you took a look at your own instructions. The sticky, your moderator put in the forum, contains instructions on resetting the phones. Those instructions are faulty and create confusion.

https://community.bose.com/t5/Around-On-Ear-Headphones/Noise-Cancelling-Headphones-700-App-setup-and...

Hieu Cao
Participant
Registered since

Sep 20, 2019

I have replace the first one but the second one haven't better. It's still broke and now i have to replace it's one more time. How can i fix it? I use Android

Vicky_W

Hello Hieu Cao, 

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community. 

I am so sorry you are having this issue. As you have tried all troubleshooting steps, the best option here would be to reach out to your local customer support center and explore the service options for your headset. You can do this by clicking this link here: https://bose.life/2f4nJid, selecting your region, scrolling to the bottom of the page, and selecting contact us. If you are in the US or UK you can also reach out via Facebook or Twitter and one of our team can help you there. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
SimonRR
Participant
Registered since

Jul 9, 2020

Same problem.

Used with iPhone xs & windows 10 machine.

Abrupt power off, then red-white blinking, then no success in restart/reset/recharge.

Even the Bose Firmware Updater does not run on Windows 10. (Laptop is fresh windows install and is clean). 

Bose, this reminds me of the story with Sleepbuds ... 

I am literally *tired* of this. Both devices I purchased to have better rest, more silent work environment ... 

How are you going to fix this? Call me - as I can't even find the serial number on the Bose NC700 ... (will be happy to receive a hint). 

Chezhed94598
Participant
Registered since

Nov 18, 2019

Yup....mine too. Was told to do a factory reset for the clicking in Rt ear and battery capacity only showing 16 hours........followed reset instructions.....now wont power on or charge, totally dead. 

Tegan_M

Hello,

We are very sorry to hear this. 

Please contact your local Bose product support team via the information provided previously within the thread. 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!