Highlighted
SultanSloth
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 25, 2019

NC700 charging amperage and volts

What is the allowable input amps and volts? Your manual very unhelpfully states "into a USB-A wall charger or computer that is powered on." Great, well I have chargers at 5V 0.7A, 5V 1A, 5V 2A, 5V 2.4A, as well as PowerDelivery 2.0 chargers. I could even buy a QuickCharge 4+.

So, what does the headphone support? Only standard charging up to a specific amp and volt? Does it support either QuickCharge or PowerDelivery, and if so, which version? It would be truly shocking if a brand new product doesn't offer one of these.

7 REPLIES 7
SultanSloth
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 25, 2019

Re: NC700 charging amperage and volts

To be clear, I know I could plug this in with the 5v 0.7A and be safe. But I'd rather cut down on charge time, and charge more safely using either PD or QC. And if I can use a USB-C to USB-C (instead of the included USB-A cable), I can cut down on the cables and chargers I pack.

Hello SultanSloth,

Thank you for messaging the community. 

The Noise Cancelling Headphones 700 have a power requirement of 5 V DC, 1 A - UL rated power supply in order to charge. This headset does also support QuickCharge. 

A 15 minute charge time for the Noise Cancelling Headphones 700 will provide a battery life of up to 3.5 hours. 

I hope this helps, please let us know if you have any further questions. 

Tegan M - Community Support 

SultanSloth
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 25, 2019

It doesn't answer my question. Is 5V 1A the maximum, or the minimum?  Are you just saying it can "charge quickly" or does it actually support the proprietary "QuickCharge" chipsets and charging technology from Qualcomm?  If it does support QuickCharge from Qualcomm, which version?

To give an example, a Pixel2 phone can "quickly charge" utilizing "PowerDelivery" (a different proprietary charging system), but does not support "QuickCharge".  If you plugged the phone into a Qualcomm QuickCharge plug, the Pixel2 would actually charge slowly, because it has the PD chipset, not the QC one.

kristof46
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 4, 2019

Did you get any answer? I reached Bose on FB but I didn't think they can be stupid like this. 

I asked them about same case. Do you know what was the answer? "Using the cable provided, the NC 700 takes 2.5 hours to fully charger and a quick 15-minute charge powers the headphones for up to 3.5 hours. I would not advise using any other cable than the one provided by Bose."

**bleep**? I asked them about charger. Maybe Bose found any new way of charging just with cable without charger. 

Hello Kristof46, 

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community Forums. 

You are able to use any USB wall charger that falls within the ranges of Input: 100-240v, 50/60Hz and Output: 5v DC, 1A. 

We always recommend using the provided Bose charging cable as this is the one that is designed to work best with the headphones. The agent was correct in stating when using the provided cable the Noise Cancelling Headphones 700 takes 2.5 hours to fully charger and a quick 15-minute charge powers the headphones for up to 3.5 hours. 

The power required to charge the headphones is 5 V DC, 1 A - UL as stated by @Tegan_M

I hope this answers your questions, if not please let me know what other information you need. 

Kindest Regards, 

Vicky W 😊

kristof46
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 4, 2019

Are you kidding me right? 5V and 1A means 5W like old simple iPhone charger. You can't achieve fast charging with this kind of charger. I don't know what you've discovered but I've started to think that your "fast charging" is just marketing 

Hello Kristof46, 

Thanks for getting back to me. 

Our website does not state that we have a fast charger, it states that the headphones are fast charging. Meaning they charge quicker than any other of our headphones. A 2.5-hour charge on our custom-designed lithium-ion rechargeable battery can provide up to 20 hours of full-featured audio playback.

As I use these headphones on an almost daily basis I can confirm that this is correct and that these headphones do charge this quickly. 

I am sorry for any confusion caused by the wording on our website. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W