TMA
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 20, 2021

NC700: difference between left and right mic when using self voice

Bose product name: NOISE CANCELLING HEADPHONES 700

Firmware Version: latest (1.8.2-11524)

App Version: latest

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on: iPhone and Windows10
Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce:

The left and right microphones work differently when the self voice is activated. I hear sounds around the left earcup clearly from the left speaker, but I do not hear the same sounds around the right earcup. If I touch the small holes for the microphone on the left earcup, I hear a scratch noise from the left. If I touch the right ones, I do not hear such noise.

I was thinking it was a problem of mine, so I replaced my NC700. However, the new one shows the exact same behavior.

I don't know this behavior is as intended or designed. I don't have any specific problems with this behavior, but I'm just wondering that it would be a bug of the firmware. Here I'd like to share what I found. Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jessie_O

Re: NC700: difference between left and right mic when using self voice

Author Accepted Answer selected by TMA

Thanks for sharing this.

It is not something I have personally heard of. I have checked my own pair and have experienced the same thing. Thank you for bringing this to my attention!

Based on this behavior, I would say this is likely intended to help keep the self-voice clear.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Jessie_O

Hey TMA, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community! 

This is certainly odd behavior from your NC 700 headphones. Have you tried any troubleshooting? 

I would recommend a reset. You can do this by following the instructions outlined HERE.

I look forward to hearing from you! 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
TMA
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 20, 2021

Hi Jessie,

Thank you for your reply.

Resetting has not changed the behavior. As I wrote, I have the exactly same behavior with a replaced NC 700 headphones. I also drop a post on Reddit  and another person said the same behavior exists.

If you have NC 700 headphones, could you check your one?

Again, I don't have any trouble with it, but I'm just wondering it is not intended behavior and want to share this if that is the case.

Reddit post: https://www.reddit.com/r/bose/comments/m84qzn/nc700_difference_between_left_and_right_mic_when/

Jessie_O

Author Accepted Answer selected by TMA

Thanks for sharing this.

It is not something I have personally heard of. I have checked my own pair and have experienced the same thing. Thank you for bringing this to my attention!

Based on this behavior, I would say this is likely intended to help keep the self-voice clear.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

View solution in original post

TMA
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 20, 2021

Hi Jessie,

Thank you so much for checking your pair. I do not have further questions.
If you have a connection with BOSE technical persons, could you please share this behavior with them, just in case it was not intended behavior?

Jessie_O

Thanks for coming back to us @TMA.

I have passed this information on to the team for review.

If there’s anything else, do not hesitate to reach out again!