mfoga
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 22, 2019

NC700 no noise cancelation

I am not able to get noise cancelation when using the audio cable.  i can only use the audio cable with the headphones off.  As soon as the headphones are turned on it announces bluetooth off but there is no sound until they are turned back off.  This makes them kind of worthless for use with airplane entertainment system use. I made sure they have the latest firmware.  

9 REPLIES 9

Re: NC700 no noise cancelation

Hello Mfoga, 

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community Forums. 

I am sorry that you are having issues with your NC 700 headphones, but I would love to assist you. 

This is not the intended functionality of the headphones, when using the headphones via a wired connection, you should be able to turn the headphones on and still have noise cancellation active providing they have charge left in the headphones as noise cancelation needs the power to work. 

If your headphones have a charge in them and you are using a wired connection, please can you try turning the headphones on for me, and then plugging the cable in and see if this makes a difference?

You can then use the noise cancellation button on the headphones to control the levels of noise cancelation. 

I look forward to hearing how you get on. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W - Community Support 

mfoga
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 22, 2019

The only way to have audio is to turn the headphones off.  When yhe headphones then attach audio cable at says disconnecting bluetooth.  It let's me change noise cancellation levels via the button but no audio.  Turn them off and you get audio.  

Hello Mfoga, 

Thanks for getting back to me, that certainly is strange and should not be happening. Please, can you try the following steps for me and let me know if they prove successful? 

1. Go to http://btu.bose.com on a computer and update your headphones software if the previous firmware download was done via the app as this ensures nothing went wrong. 

2. Perform a product reset, to do this:

- Disconnect all cables from the headphones.

- Connect one end of the USB cable to a USB-A wall charger or computer that is powered on.

- Press and hold the Power/Bluetooth® button while connecting the small end of the USB cable into the USB-C port on the right earcup.

- Release the Power/Bluetooth button after 2 seconds.

3. Clear the Bluetooth device list on the headset by pressing and holding the Bluetooth button until you hear 'Device list cleared'.

4. Delete the headphones from the Bose Music app and your mobiles Bluetooth pairing list. 

5. Repair the headphones with both the phone and the Bose Music app.

6. Try listening to music again via a wired connection. 

I look forward to hearing how you get on. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W 

mfoga
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 22, 2019

No change.  Audio cable only gets sound when the headphones are off.

Hey Mfoga, 

Thanks for getting back to me. 

I am so sorry you are having this issue. As you have tried all troubleshooting steps, the best option here would be to reach out to your local customer support center and explore the service options for your headset. You can do this by clicking this link here, selecting your region, scrolling to the bottom of the page, and selecting contact us. If you are in the US or UK you can also reach out via Facebook or Twitter and one of our team can help you there. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W 

mfoga
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 22, 2019

Well 30 min later still no one can assist.  Time to just return them.  On well hoped they would be great, guess I will never know. 

DenisEizaguirre
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 1, 2019

Headphones 700 don’t workin cancelling while wired

I bought some 700 noise cancelling headphones. Without the cable (bluetooth) the noise cancelling works great but if I connect them to anything (phone, ipad...) with the cable the noise cancelling doesn’t work. But if I switch the headphones off they start working with the cable, how can I have noise cancelling while using the cable?

Highlighted
mfoga
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 22, 2019

Re: Headphones 700 don’t workin cancelling while wired

Take them back they are defective.

ksprashu
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 15, 2019

Re: Headphones 700 don’t workin cancelling while wired

@mfoga , @DenisEizaguirre I've been struggling with this for over a month, but I have found the solution.

When the wire is plugged in, you will indeed hear an announcement that bluetooth is off, but NC is still on and the headphone is powered.

In wired mode, the sounds levels have been reset to zero (for some reason). So all you have to do is slide up the finger on the sides (like you would in bluetooth mode) and you will start getting the sounds back. 

Try it out.