Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sam_F

Re: NC700 not answering calls

Hi @rhysster974,

Thank you for updating us on the situation - apologies that the update did not resolve things.

I can see you own the iPhone 8 Plus, but what other mobile devices did you try the headphones with? (Please describe whether they were Android/iPhone and also what version of iOS they were operating on).

If the headphones are not able to answer calls on any of the devices you've tried, then there may be an issue with the headphones. At that point, I would recommend calling into the Customer Service team for your region to get assistance on what to do next.

To do this, go to Global Contact Us > Select your country > Scroll to the bottom of the page > Click 'Contact Us'.

Warm regards,

Sam F

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
rhysster974
Enthusiast
Registered since

Nov 8, 2018

Hello @Hector_B @Sam_F @Jeff_G 

aaa this problem only seems to happen with my iPhone 8 Plus when both my iphone and IPad is both connected, as the call comes through to my iPad as well as my iphone. This didn’t happen on the old firmware before updating. I believe this maybe a bug in latest firmware to tell the engineering team. 

Sam_F

Thank you for that update @rhysster974

Have you tried disabling Bluetooth on your iPad at all times other than when using the iPad? This could be the reason why your headphones are not staying connected to the iPhone. 

I think it may be worth trying that - disable Bluetooth on the iPad, then try receiving a call on the iPhone whilst the headphones are connected. Then we can determine whether or not the issue is regarding the device switching or the headphones.

Again, let me know how that goes.

Warm regards,

Sam F

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
rhysster974
Enthusiast
Registered since

Nov 8, 2018

@Hector_B @Jeff_G @Sam_F 

Hello, yes I have disabled the iPads Bluetooth and I’m not having the problem now. The fact is the headphones are supposed to be able tot connect simultaneously and I hadn’t had this issue before the latest firmware update. I shouldn’t have to turn off 1 device to take a call on another. Especially as I use my devise together on long train and plane journeys. Just seems as it’s the device switching has been downgraded as such. 

Sam_F

Hey @rhysster974,

Thank you for letting us know you have tried that.

I do understand that you may find an inconvenience with the process of using your headphones, but this may be as a result of the headphones having a slight issue. We've already found some trouble when trying to answer calls, which is also unusual.

That is why I'd strongly advise contacting our Customer Service team to obtain assistance on what to do next in regards to your headphones - they'll be a great help in deciding what to do next.

As mentioned in a previous post, simply go to Global Contact Us > Select your country > Scroll to the bottom of the page > Click 'Contact Us'.

Warm regards,

Sam F

Ian Rose
Participant
Registered since

Feb 27, 2020

Hello all,

Ive just stumbled across this community post about not being able to answer calls on my Bose NC700 headphones when using an Iphone and I am having and have been having since the last firmware update the exact same issue.

I have just disconnected and deleted every bluetooth connected device from my headphones apart from my iPhone 11 and I am now able to double tap the headphones too answer a call.

When I then reconnect my MacBook Pro I have the exact same issue again and can no longer double tap to answer the call. This makes me look very unprofessional to my clients as I have to mess around on my phone to change the call output and is unacceptable.

I have although found a work around for anyone who is interested until Bose decide this is an issue, but we shouldn't have to do this. This also improves the stuttering issue when moving from one device to the other.

I found that if I had more than one device setup on my iPhone to make and receive calls then the issue happens, but if you only have the one device the issue goes away. Becomes a problem when you want to answer or make calls from your MacBook as they have been setup to do.

Step 1 - Go to settings on your iPhone

Step 2 - Scroll down and tap Phone

Step 3 - Tap on Calls on other devices

Step 4 - Turn off call from other devices.

This worked straight away for me.

Hope this helps everyone.

Bose when will you be fixing this? As this was one of my main points for buying these headphones over your competition and the product doesn't do what it says on the tin.

Super P
Participant
Registered since

May 6, 2020

Hi, I've been reading all your post BUT instead of TRYING to diagnose with everyone of us to solve our $400 Bose why no find the solution yourself?????? I'm having the same issue since I bought mine, "TRIED" Everything that everyone is mentioned here PLUS what you are trying to tell what everyone already done.   Please provide a solution for this $400

MarioG
Participant
Registered since

May 7, 2020

I have the same problem, the call rings in my headphones. When I try to answer, I get a bong and nothing, it just keeps ringing.  

I'm paired to an iPhone 8 and a Macbook Pro 2017. 

The phone is paired to the Bose 700 and my Apple Watch. The computer is paired to the headphones and Mac keyboard and mouse.

I have also tried clearing the headset and repairing no luck.  I don't have a different phone to try, but looking at the amount of posts related to this topic, I think we can safely eliminate that as a source of the issue.

M

Sem S
Participant
Registered since

Jul 31, 2020

This issue still seems to persist. I've had this for quite some time, but I hoped it'd be resolved in a timely manner as the product was fairly new and I saw this thread being actively answered by Bose. However, the response seems to have stopped and there is still no fix.

I also happen to use an iPhone 8 in combination with a MBP Late 2017.

In line with what was said above: we bought this top of the line headphone for a high price, I hope that these bugs that completely break the user experience of this device can be fixed in a more professional and timely manner.

Bob Leonard
Participant
Registered since

Sep 21, 2020

I called my doctors this morning using my Bose headphones sat there for 35 minutes when they answered l double tapped the right ear pad and it rejected the call