Notice

The Bose Community Forum was launched at a time when robust online support was not available for Bose customers. Over the past several years we have added new online service channels that provide a more interactive and complete digital experience. Additionally, we have enhanced the My Bose Account capabilities to deliver a more personalized and self-service experience. As a result, Bose has made the decision to close Community Forum for Consumer electronics products on September 30th. The Bose Pro portion of the Community will still operate as usual.

Please visit our support homepage to experience one of our many other digital service channels or simply use your Community log-in credentials to sign in to your My Bose Account to view your orders and view support options.

Thank you to all who have contributed and benefited from interacting in our Community. We look forward to continuing to serve you online.

Regards,
Bose Customer Service Team
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rhysster974
Enthusiast
Registered since

Nov 8, 2018

NC700 not answering calls

Hello Bose, 

Ever since the last updates I haven’t been able to take calls on the headphones, but they make the connection sound, although the headphones will end the call with no problems. 
could you please help me with this?

thanks,

Rhys

21 REPLIES 21
Hector_B

Re: NC700 not answering calls

Hey rhysster974, 

Thank you for posting and reaching out to us today! Sorry to read that you are having this issue and would love to look into this further for you. 

So that I can understand this issue further can you please provide me with a little more information on this by answering my questions below:

• Does this issue happen across all calling services? 
  • Have you attempted to use different devices to make the calls?
  • Are you able to use any other functions when on the call, for example, mute/volume adjustments? 
  • Have you attempted any troubleshooting so far? 

I look forward to hearing back from you with the answer to these questions above. If any other users are also having this issue please do let us know

Kind regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
rhysster974
Enthusiast
Registered since

Nov 8, 2018

Hello @Hector_B 

I have only seen this on normal calls as I don’t tend to get calls on other platforms. I haven’t tried to use different devices for calls. I haven’t tried any troubleshooting as of yet. Coincidently I just tried this out and the answer gesture is working but the volume or any others with the touch pad isn’t. 

Hector_B

Hey rhysster974, 

Thank you for posting and updating me on this.

Can you please test the headphones on another device and platform to see if the issue still persists? I would also like to know which device you are currently using to connect to the headphones? 

If you could also try to make a call through Whatsapp or Skype to see if the same issue occurs this would be very helpful. 

I look forward to hearing back from you with the result of the steps above. 

Kind regards,

Hector B 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
rhysster974
Enthusiast
Registered since

Nov 8, 2018

hey @Hector_B 

I reregistered the product and the functions are working properly. But the call controls still are not working. This is also a problem tho right WhatsApp. 

rhysster974
Enthusiast
Registered since

Nov 8, 2018

The device I use is an iPhone 8 Plus. I reregistered and re aced the Bluetooth connections. The features are now working but the call features are still not working

Jeff_G

Hello rysster974, 

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

Can you please confirm if you have tried the following: 

- Tried restarting the iPhone. 

- Tried using a different smartphone to see if the issue persists

- Tried updating the firmware of the headphones. You can do it faster by connecting the headphones to a computer using the charging cable. [LINK]

As per Hector's messages, I would also encourage you to attempt making calls on Whatsapp, or other online calling services to see if you notice a difference in performance. 

Kind regards,

Jeff G

rhysster974
Enthusiast
Registered since

Nov 8, 2018

Hello @Jeff_G @Hector_B 

I have tried restarting the phone and used a different smart phone. I will try to reinstall the latest update. I have tried WhatsApp to no luck. 

Sam_F

Hi @rhysster974,

Apologies that trying the different smartphones did not bring you any luck. However, please let us know if updating the headphones has an effect on answering calls.

In the meantime, I want to find out more about exactly what is not working for you. Have you been able to call other people with the headphones connected and if so, can they hear you speak using the headphones? Do you hear them through the headphones?

Also, on this page, we have various call controls that are possible with your headphones. Please let us know out of those listed, which ones are not working for you when you start/answer a call both.

Warm regards,

Sam F

rhysster974
Enthusiast
Registered since

Nov 8, 2018

@Sam_F @Hector_B @Jeff_G 

hello I’ve tried updating the headphones to no luck at all. So when I make calls the headphones are fine but when I answer calls the headphones disconnect and I have to reconnect them on the audio button in the call. the answer call doesn’t work but they end call does. Sometimes the volume doesn’t work on calls too.