Highlighted
mgarciaad
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 30, 2019

NC700 repeated sputtering or skipping

While listening to music on my Mac. Will get unbearable sputtering or skipping when the occasional alert or something is triggered from my phone (iPhone Xr). It will continue for while. It's very frustrating and is very consistent. I shouldn't have to disconnect from one device. That is supposed to be the purpose of being able to connect to multiple devices. I had the QC35s and Bose Connect managed it well, never had an issue with it. Not to mention that I suffered with not being able to connect to Bose Music for a while. Kept giving me errors, finally did. After hours of attempts. This software is really buggy what can I do to help this?

10 REPLIES 10

Re: NC700 repeated sputtering or skipping

Hi mgarciaad, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Bose Community. I am deeply sorry to hear that you are having this issue and would love to assist you further. 

Can you please attempt to turn off the alerts on your device to see if this issue still persists? Also do you experience this issue with only one device connected or does it only happen when two Bluetooth devices are connected. 

I look forward to hearing back from you regarding this. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support  

TCW755
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 23, 2019

Hello - I am having the same issue with my brand new NC 700 bose headphones. They are skipping over certain let’s of songs or audio books. It’s almost like they go silent onto noise cancelling only for a second and then resume to play the audio. They are not connected to anything else they’ve only been connected to my phone. It has nothing to do with alerts or anything else happening concurrently on my phone. 

Hi TCW755, 

Thank you for your post!

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue with your NC700's. 

I would recommend clearing the Bluetooth pairing list and deleting the pairing on your device and repairing it like a new device. I have included the LINK HERE to assist you! 

Let me know how it goes! 

Kindest,

Jessie O

TCW755
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 23, 2019

Hi Jessie, thanks for that. I did this to my headphones, disconnected it from all devices, cleared the bluetooth list and then the headphones started saying "Ready to connect" repeatedly. I didn't connect them to anything but while they were repeating "Ready to connect" the sputter kept happening. It skips over parts of the audio so it would sound like "Read--   --nnect" and there would be skips in the audio from just the Headphones itself. This is super annoying and frustrating given we just got these headphones a week ago and obviously they weren't cheap.

What are the next steps to get a replacement?

Hi TCW755, 

Thank you for coming back to me! 

That is a very odd issue you are experiencing. I would recommend getting them replaced. As you've only had them a week, I would recommend contacting your point of sale to see what they can do for you. If they are unable to assist we will, of course, do all we can. Click the LINK HERE, select your country and scroll down to 'Contact Us'. We'd love to help! 

If there is anything else we can do, please reach out again! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O 

NonHumanHominid
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 21, 2019

Alright, @Jessie_O as you'd "love to help" I'm sending you a DM. 

mgarciaad
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 30, 2019

I continue to have issues with my headphones. It's quite frustrating. 
In addition to the sputtering. The headphones sometimes won't play the audio from my phone right away. I have to try repeatedly to ensure they're connected, replay the audio/video and then suddenly it works. It's terrible inconsistent.
Another issue I've found is that after charging, they will still say I have the battery remaining time of before I charged them, I'll have to turn them off then on again to get the right charge reading. 
I've been sure to update them to the latest firmware and and software, so shouldn't be that. 
Perhaps I have a bad set of headphones? I don't know if these are issues that everyone is having, seems like some are but not sure if it's across the board. 

Perhaps I can get them replaced? What else can I do at this point. 

Hi mgarciaad, 

Thanks for posting and updating us on this! I am sorry to hear that you have encountered another issue with the headphones and will do all that I can to assist you with this. 

Can you please confirm if you have attempted the steps that have been suggested above by Jessie_O? If you haven't please can you attempt them as well as resetting the headphones, you can perform this via the steps below: 

• Disconnect all cables from your headphones
  • Connect the larger end of the USB charging cable to a wall charger or a computer that is powered on
  • On the headphones, press and hold the Power/Bluetooth® button while connecting the smaller end of the USB cable to the right earcup
  • Once connected, release the Power/Bluetooth button after two seconds.

If you wish to exchange your headphones then, I would highly recommend getting in touch with our customer service team via clicking this link, then kindly scroll and select your region, once this is done please scroll to Contact Us. The team will be on hand and ready to help.

The battery percentage issue is something that I have seen two other users experience today in this thread here. If anyone else is experiencing the issues that are above please do let us know. Please attempt these steps and update us on the result of this.

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

s.j.balfour@outlook.com
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 20, 2018

Hello @Hector_B I posted about this yesterday I even tagged you, but you didn't respond. I have now had TWO sets with identical issues. Please read this I posted yesterday. 

https://community.bose.com/t5/Around-On-Ear-Headphones/NC700-2nd-set-Stuttering-and-static-whilst-st... - and if there is anyone posting here who is having the same issues, please post to the thread I started at the above link. 

I have attempted all the troubleshooting documented in this thread. It really doesn't work. 

Look, I don't want some vague "oh we'll look into it" - I want definite assurances and to be kept updated with what exactly is happening. UK support has been utterly useless (the guy I've been dealing with has given me nothing but info copied from the NC700 general troubleshooting page - all of which I have tried and which has been of no help whatsoever [moderated by moderator]. I think I have every right to expect that a set of headphones costing £350 should work perfectly with whatever I choose to connect them to. I refuse to believe that ANY QC or QA was undertaken on these at all! 

Two sets. Identical issues. Similar serial numbers. Are you really still going to claim that the problem is related to my computer…?