Notice

The Bose Community Forum was launched at a time when robust online support was not available for Bose customers. Over the past several years we have added new online service channels that provide a more interactive and complete digital experience. Additionally, we have enhanced the My Bose Account capabilities to deliver a more personalized and self-service experience. As a result, Bose has made the decision to close Community Forum for Consumer electronics products on September 30th. The Bose Pro portion of the Community will still operate as usual.

Please visit our support homepage to experience one of our many other digital service channels or simply use your Community log-in credentials to sign in to your My Bose Account to view your orders and view support options.

Thank you to all who have contributed and benefited from interacting in our Community. We look forward to continuing to serve you online.

Regards,
Bose Customer Service Team
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
e29g
Participant
Registered since

Aug 6, 2020

NC700 ringtone/call alert

I recently got a pair of NC700 headphones, and for the first few days, any time I had an incoming call, there was a soft tone from the headphones and then a voiceover telling me who was calling. After a few days, this suddenly changed - now anytime someone calls, I get a blaring ringtone instead (MUCH louder than anything I'm actively listening to - it's quite jarring and painful for my ears). I have searched through the app to find some setting to turn this off, turned the volume all the way down to zero for ringers and alerts on my iPhone, and nothing changes. I was really pleased with the initial setup (just a soft sound and read-out of the caller's contact name). But now things are so bad that I will have to return the headphones if it can't be resolved.

I searched through previous posts and found many complaints about blaring ringtones, but no resolutions. Yet the fact that this was not my experience for the first few days suggests that there is some way to prevent this.

1 REPLY 1
Tegan_M

Re: NC700 ringtone/call alert

Hi e29g,

This is very unusual, I'm sorry that you're having this experience. I'd like to do what I can to get this resolved for you,

Does this happen with every device you connect your headphones too? It would help us identify if this is an isolated issue to your connected device. 

A good place to start will be to perform a reset of your headphones which can correct minor processing errors.

• Disconnect all cables from your headphones
  • Connect the larger end of the USB charging cable to a wall charger or a computer that is powered on
  • On the headphones, press and hold the Power/Bluetooth® button while connecting the smaller end of the USB cable to the right earcup. The Power LED should quickly blink twice
  • Once connected, release the Power/Bluetooth button after two seconds.
    Tip: If the headphones are unresponsive after a reset, reset them a second time.

It would also be beneficial to also reboot your mobile device too. 

Do let us know how you get on.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!