Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 26, 2019

NC700 won't turn on

My NC700 won't turn on.

I've had the headphones for about 1 month now and several times had the issue that they won't turn on.

Today the headphones have been in a charger for several hours and I tried to hold the power/BT button for 10 sec and then plugging in the USB-cabel. The blue LED blinks once, thens turns off again.

Previously this method work for me and the headphones turned on again - stating there were more than 10 hours of battery time left. Now it doesn't work anymore.

Does anyone know why the turn off in the first place even though there is plenty of battery?

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Mar 26, 2019

Re: NC700 won't turn on

Hello SL81,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community, that's very strange that you are occasionally not able to power the headphones on. This is absolutely something I would be able to assist you with today, it sounds as if you have attempted a reset of the headphones, which is great. I would recommend going through the full process of resetting the headphones, you can do this by following the steps below:

1. Disconnect all cables from the headphones
  2. Connect one end of the USB cable to a USB-A wall charger or computer that is powered on
  3. Press and hold the Power/Bluetooth® button while connecting the small end of the USB cable into the USB-C port on the right earcup
  4. Release the Power/Bluetooth button after 2 seconds

I would also recommend pushing a manual update to the headphones, you can do this by following the steps below:

To install a Bose system update, follow these steps (Note: A USB-A to USB-micro B cable is required for this update):

1. Be sure the computer has internet connectivity, and that you're running a compatible operating system and web browser.
  2. Navigate to the Bose Bluetooth Device Updater page at btu.bose.com and select your product
  3. Click "Accept and Continue" to accept the terms of the Bose Updater
  4. Click "Download" to download the updater
  5. Once downloaded, open the file to install the updater, then connect the headphones to your
  6. computer via USB
  7. If an update is available, click "Apply Changes" to download the latest software. You can also click "Learn More" to find out about what improvements the update contains
  8. Once the system has been successfully updated, disconnect the headphones from the computer

I hope this helps, please let me know how you get on!

Kindest regards,

Zoe C - Community Support 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 26, 2019

Hi Zoe

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately none of the suggested solutions work.

When I hold the power/BT button and plug in the USB cable whilst connected to a power outlet the blue light flashes once very briefly but the headphones still won't turn on.

I also downloaded the updater and installed it but since the headphones don't respond once connected to my computer the software doesn't recognise them.

What to do?

Highlighted

Hi SL81, 

I'm sorry to hear that the troubleshooting has not resolved your issue. 

At this point, I would recommend reaching out to Technical Support in your region for Service. Click the LINK HERE, select your country and scroll down to 'Contact Us'. One of our agents will be more than happy to assist you with your NC700's. 

Please keep us up to date and let us know how you get on with the team. 

Kindest, 

Jessie O 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 26, 2019

Re: Noise Cancelling Headphones 700 - Firmware 1.3.1 - November 18 2019

Could you please assist me? I was charging my headphones and a red light flashed wear the white light usually is, and now my headphones wont turn on. Please help me.

Highlighted

Hi @53Jax,

Thank you for taking the time to post and welcome to the Bose Community.

I'm sorry to hear of the trouble you encountered when charging your headphones - that sounds quite unusual. 

Just to confirm, was the light flashing red and white, or just read? Also, have you tried charging the headphones in a different plug socket or using a different cable if possible in the case that is the root of the issue?

If you have not already, I'd recommend trying the troubleshooting posted in this thread further up - you may see a response from the headphones.

Let me know how things go for you.

Warm regards,

Sam F

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 26, 2019

It was flashing white then a red light appeared for about 3 seconds then continued to flash white again until it didnt flash anymore and wouldn't turn on. And no, I haven't tried using a different charging socket, I will try that now.

(Sorry for bad grammar)

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 26, 2019

I forgot to add, I tried charging them on my PC but that was no use either 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 15, 2020

Bose 700 not turning on

I bought a Bose NC 700 a week ago and all went fine 'till now. Suddenly they turned off and started to blink red and white. I searched for the solution and found that I can reset them. I've done it but now they don't work and any light blinks. What should I do now? I tried to update them with online updater but my PC doesn't recognize the headphones

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 21, 2020

Your agents are not more than happy to help. They are closed. THis is Saturday, and following instructions given on these pages I tried to plug in the USB-C cable whilst pressing the On button, and now my NC700 does not work anymore!!!! And the updater does not work either, of course.