Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jul 15, 2019

Re: NCH 700: Ability to disable auto off when no motion is detected?

Well said Matt!   

Our problems with their products are being ignored by Bose, I guess their headphones auto-shutoff 

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 9, 2019

Bose Tech Support, 

i own 4 sets of QC35s in my family, A20, Sound Bar and Sound Sport.  I have also given at least 10 pairs of QC35s as gifts to friends. I am a VERY loyal Bose customer.  I have been eager to own the NCH 700 and even preordered them.   This product has been filled with bugs, disappointing, inferior to the QC35.  The auto off issue is a great example.  No matter what you do in the app settings, the headphones turn off in 10 min.  This is wildly maddening if you are trying to use while laying down. 

PLEASE FIX THIS RIGHT AWAY.  It has the be a simple fix.

Also, when answering calls with a double tap, the headset is not responsive which is also a frustration.  

I beg you not to roll out products in the future without testing them fully as this will erode your goodwill your have worked so hard to build.

thank you 

Charlie 

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 10, 2019

Same problem.

Auto shut off while laying quiet and enjoying music. More than ten minutes of relaxing, and the headset turns off. Very annoying. 

Fix this! 

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 18, 2017

Also running into this behavior, it's NICE if there's some built-in option like this to conserve battery, but the setting to never shut off should apply (in my case I have it plugged in/bluetooth not connected), and it shuts off (which is not the worst but if this happens in a call like many mention in the thread it's a big problem)

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 16, 2019

Bose should have definitely had a firmware update for this by now. I recommend everyone keep returning their ‘defective’ Bose headset for exhange until they receive one that works without auto shutting off when ‘never’ is selected for auto shutoff. Since Bose is not acknowledging this as an issue that needs repaired, I think we should treat these issues as a defect and return the item. 

Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jul 15, 2019

@Srandall25 wrote:

Bose should have definitely had a firmware update for this by now. I recommend everyone keep returning their ‘defective’ Bose headset for exhange until they receive one that works without auto shutting off when ‘never’ is selected for auto shutoff. Since Bose is not acknowledging this as an issue that needs repaired, I think we should treat these issues as a defect and return the item. 

You are absolutely correct, now they don’t even acknowledge 

Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jun 26, 2018

A Bose rep (Tegan_M) said that the NC 700s have two distinct auto-off features:

1. Auto-off when music stops (this can be customized or turned off in the Bose Music app).
  2. Auto-off when no motion is detected (this can not be turned off currently).

Both features work properly as far as I can tell. I'd consider a defect to be something that is not working properly. What good would it to exchange these heapdhones for new ones, when we know (from Bose themselves) that the new ones will have the same features?

Bose got the message that many of us don't like the motion-based auto-off feature, and passed it on to engineering. I'm sure they're aware that many professional reviewers complained about it too. So, I suspect they will address it with a firmware update (and accompanying update to the Bose Music app) if the hardware allows for it.

Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jul 15, 2019

You are wrong in one aspect.  In

@E_Colorado wrote:

A Bose rep (Tegan_M) said that the NC 700s have two distinct auto-off features:

1. Auto-off when music stops (this can be customized or turned off in the Bose Music app).
  2. Auto-off when no motion is detected (this can not be turned off currently).

Both features work properly as far as I can tell. I'd consider a defect to be something that is not working properly. What good would it to exchange these heapdhones for new ones, when we know (from Bose themselves) that the new ones will have the same features?

Bose got the message that many of us don't like the motion-based auto-off feature, and passed it on to engineering. I'm sure they're aware that many professional reviewers complained about it too. So, I suspect they will address it with a firmware update (and accompanying update to the Bose Music app) if the hardware allows for it.

the software, there is a setting for (from memory) the no-motion shut off to activate from 10 minutes, one hour, three hours and never (again as I remember).  THIS DOES NOT WORK.  The no-motion shutoff activates at ten minutes regardless of what setting you have selected.  So yes, THIS IS A DEFECT AND NEEDS TO BE CORRECTED.  I do hope you are right on the rest of it, that a future firmware update will solve it.  For the time being, Bose is ignoring our complaints.  I (tried to) use these as I did my 35s, relaxing, sleeping on an airplane, Ie.  No motion.  They are worthless to me right now.  $400 paperweights.  

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Feb 26, 2019

Hello everyone,

Thank you all for your posts. As noted in this thread about the same topic, the "Auto-Off" setting in the Bose Music app pertains to whether the system will power down or not if there has been no audio playing for the time period set.

The "Motionless Shutdown" setting is the second Auto-Off feature. If the headset has been without motion for 10 minutes, this will power down the headset to conserve battery life regardless of the auto-off setting. This is normally very sensitive to motion, so if you're slightly moving while wearing these they will not shut down in this way.

We are aware of the interest in this feature to be implemented, and we are investigating this!

I would ask that you leave any comments or feedback about this there, so that any user who searches for this can find all the information in one place.

Thank you for your understanding!

Liam W