ScruffyPuppy
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 4, 2019

NCH 700: Ability to disable auto off when no motion is detected?

I have my 700 Noise Canceling Headphones set to Never for the auto off function in the Bose Music app. However, if I set them down for more than 10 minutes they turn off. I assume this is due to the motion detection seeing that they have not moved.

This is really inconvenient when using the headphones for phone calls. Since it does not stay connected for more than 10 minutes, if I am not listening to music but receive a phone call I cannot just put the NCH 700s on and answer the call.

I've also tested being on a conference call with the 700s connected through Windows 10. If I set the headphones down for more than 10 minutes during the call it will shut off despite there being active sound. In this scenario, I had another call on a phone not connected to the NCH 700s and when I returned to the call on my computer the 700s were powered down.

Is there a way to disable the auto shut off via the motion detection or the ability to adjust the time out setting?

Does anyone else's turn off when you set them down?
48 REPLIES 48

Re: NCH 700: Ability to disable auto off when no motion is detected?

Hi ScruffyPuppy, 

Thanks for posting and reaching out to us today.

This isn't something that you are able to disable, however I would love to pass this onto the development team for you. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support. 

kiretaro
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 2, 2017

Same issue here. Deal breaker, will have to return unless fixed soon (disable autoshut off).

TBag
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jan 31, 2017

Was about to post the same but saw this thread.  I've found that using them while napping causes them to auto-shutoff.   Deal breaker for me too if this isn't fixable.  

ScruffyPuppy
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 4, 2019

Thanks for the response, Hector_B. I've been getting contradicting answers on this by Bose. I am told here that it isn't able to be disabled yet another response is that the auto off setting in the Bose Music app should override the motion auto off and since it is not, mine are defective. I am not sure what action to take.

Hi ScruffyPuppy, 

Thanks for reaching back out and updating me on this. 

Can you please update on where you have got this answer from? I will reach out to our escalations team to investigate this further after your response. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

ScruffyPuppy
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 4, 2019

Hi Hector_B. This was using the chat/text with a representative support feature.

If the Auto Off setting set to Never is supposed to control and override the 10 minute auto off due to the motion detection, then it would seem that mine is defective.

Hi ScruffyPuppy, 

Thanks for updating me on this. 

I have reached out to the team and will update you as soon as I know more. In the mean time if you wish to proceed with an exchange I would recommend that you reach back out to the chat support team. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

ScruffyPuppy
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 4, 2019

Thanks. I'd like to confirm that my (and the others posting here) headphones are truly defective before sending them back.

I'll look forward to hearing back from you on how that setting is supposed to work with the motion detection.
Croftdj22
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 9, 2019

Is this going to be fixed? I hate that mine cut off if I don’t move .... this is not something anyone should to deal with .. BOSE help!