JPbose700
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 18, 2019

Re: NCH 700 - Add Music Share

I already returned my 700’s. I’ll buy them again if they ever release music share on the 700’s.

NotGoodEnough
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 20, 2019

It is SHAMEFUL that this feature is not included with your flagship headphones. What were you thinking? I should be able to share with QC30 and QC35 as well.

It's another kick in the teeth after not even being able to activate them in the iOS app (but works fine on an Android phone). How do you release this garbage at this price point?

danbroun
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 22, 2019

Same here. Will only buy it if that is available.

Mike Lai
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 2, 2019

Do you know when will music share be available for Bose Music app. It should not take long for the development team to incorporate it since this feature is already in Bose Connect. How long do we have to wait?

Hi Mike,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community. 

We do not currently have any information regarding this. Please bear in mind that these are feature requests and we are not guaranteeing that music share will be implemented. These requests are sent over to the development team for consideration.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

joshmcx
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 9, 2019

These are more than feature requests. These have been central features of the entire Bose portable headphone and speaker line for years. 

And which customers are unhappy about this? Only your most loyal customers.

To those watching this thread, I think we should submit this to the tech press and see if we can get some counter to the positive reviews of this set of headphones. I haven’t seen a single review cite these missing features, but for any Bose fan these are massive shortcomings.

rustij
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 2, 2019

I’m SO disappointed with the fact these NCH 700’s don’t support Music Share!!! I’ve had them too long to return. Ugh. Come on Bose! What were you thinking by releasing a new product that takes away a flagship feature! This is one of the features that makes your product standout from other brands! Then make me use yet another app? I now have to use 3 different apps. I understood with the Sleepbuds but the QC’s using a different app from these? Makes no sense. 

Highlighted
justb
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 7, 2019

From a customer service perspective it doesn't look good if you're not able to provide an answer to such a fundamental question regarding future app functionality. Given that this issue was raised at the start of July, I would have expected a definite answer by now.

For me, the Music Share feature is crucial, and I'd like to know whether this will come, or should I return my NCH 700 to the shop and buy a pair of QC 35's instead. I would really appreciate it if you could contact the development team, get a yes or no answer, and then communicate the response to your customers on this forum.

Alex K
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 12, 2019

Absolutely support!

Get the feature back!!!

morsmordre
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 25, 2019

I just bought a pair of 700's for an upcoming flight. I was looking forward to using the music share feature with my wife and my old pair of QC35's. It's a huge bummer that this feature isn't available. You'd think Bose would want to at the very least maintain feature parity with older flagship devices for their new flagships, and even moreso for features that are used by Bose's most loyal customers like this one (since to use it, you need to own multiple pairs of Bose headphones).

First, can someone from Bose's development team explain why--other than a vague reference to "different firmware"--the 700's and QC35's cannot be managed from the same app from a technical perspective? As a software developer, it seems ridiculous that "different firmware" prevents both the 700's and the QC35's from being managed within the same app. What technical limitations are preventing the QC35's from being added to the new Bose Music app?

Also, it would make everyone in this thread feel a lot better if someone from Bose's technical team could explain what is preventing Bose from implementing music share for the 700's. Did music share rely on some weird Bluetooth 4.X hack that can't be done with Bluetooth 5.X devices? If there are real technical barriers to this feature, I would feel a lot better about the feature being missing on the 700's. Right now, to everyone in this thread, it looks like Bose just doesn't want to dedicate the dev resources necessary to add an awesome feature that Bose's customers should absolutely expect Bose's latest $400 flagship headphones to have, since earlier gen flagships have had this feature for years.