Participant
Registered since

Apr 24, 2020

NCH 700 goes on mute(both mic and receiver) for every notification on my computer or phone

I recently brought NC 700, and i'm having a frustrating experience.

As we all are currently doing, I'm working from home now, and most of my work will be on calls.

Everytime there's a background notification (eg. a skpe notifiaction if someone pinged, or teams notification when a meeting starts, or an outlook email, or even some windows error/notification), the mic as well as receiver goes on mute for about 10 seconds.

This is really frustrating because when I'm on call and presenting/talking on the call, and there's a notification, i'm cutoff for about 10 seconds when someone pings me.

I tried almost everything found on internet

1. setting up Presentation mode in windows

2. stopped all notifications on teams

3. rt click on volume --> sounds --> no sounds

4. rt click on volume --> communications --> do nothing

None of these have resolved my issue. I've spent enough time browing net for a solution. please help. For the other headphone i had, i used to hear a background notification sound, but never cutoff.

9 REPLIES 9

Re: NCH 700 goes on mute(both mic and receiver) for every notification on my computer or phone

Hi @kiransaravi

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community! 

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing with your NC700 headphones, I'll be more than happy to help!

Can you tell me which calling platform you are using with your NC700's?

Do you experience the same issue when connected to a different source device?

I look forward to hearing from you!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Participant
Registered since

Apr 24, 2020

Re: NCH 700 goes on mute(both mic and receiver) for every notification on my computer or phone

Hi, thanks for the reply 

I use Microsoft teams as calling platform(It used to be Skype for business earlier-same issue)

Any notification (like received nee chat, or some windows popup, or a phone call on cell(when I’m connected to both computer and phone)) will disable the mic and speaker for 10 secs or so

Thank you for confirming. 

Can you tell me if your computer is in 'Hands-Free' Mode when your headphones are connected?

I look forward to hearing from you! 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Participant
Registered since

Apr 24, 2020

kiransaravi_0-1588732710583.png

This is how my settings look like. This doesnt' happen with my other head phones -

Thanks for providing that kiransaravi!

From what you have mentioned so far, there are a couple of things that I want to look at with you in a bit more detail.

As you mentioned having your computer and phone connected to the headphones at the same time when you have seen this happen, would you still get this muting if you were only connected to the computer? Or does it only happen when connected to both devices?

The other thing is from the screenshot you have shared. As it shows both the headset profile and stereo profile connected as default devices at the same time this could be related to what we are seeing. When using the microphone the headphones and computer will be using the headset profile. If the computer is trying to send information over the stereo profile when you get a notification, this would explain why the mic and headphones cut out briefly as it changes between the two.

When using the microphone on your headphones,  if you were to disable the stereo version of the headphones from the playback devices would you still get these mutes?

Give these a test and let me know how you get on!

Participant
Registered since

Apr 24, 2020

I have had the same issue since I got my NCH 700 Headphones.  This is what I did to take care of it...  

I did what was recommended in this forum:

https://community.bose.com/t5/Headphones-Archive/Windows-10-notification-sound-interrupt-calls-audio...

I also have to Mute my computer (I just use the mute button on my laptop).  I have to turn bluetooth off my phone so I'm not connected to my phone.  This solved my problem.  I wish there were a better way so I could keep my headset connected to my phone as well but I haven't found a way around this unless maybe I muted my ringer completely and I don't want to do that.

Participant
Registered since

Apr 24, 2020

Hello, Sry for the delay in responding, been busy.

Yes, I face the issue even if I'm connected only to computer and some notification comes in the background.

For the 2nd qn, this is the profile now, but I faced the same problem. For some reason, I only see headset profile today (unlike last time where I saw 2 profiles) but either way, I have the same trouble.

Today, I counted and its around 8 seconds it goes on mute(both mic and receiver) when some notification comes. It resumes automatically, but if I'm speaking and some notifiation comes up, I'm cut off for about 8 seconds.

I returned my prev NCH700 for the exact same issue( i thought the device is defective), but with this hapenning with the 2nd device , I guess its some setting.

Participant
Registered since

Apr 24, 2020

Thanks bekaj74, I did this earlier(mute all other sounds in sounds --> communications) but it didnt' work.

Today when I open, it is set back to 'do nothing', I've reset it to 'mute all sounds'. let me chk and get back.

Yes, I'm doing the same thing. During my ofc times, I'm disconnecting my phone so atleast i can get rid of phone notifications troubling me.

Participant
Registered since

Jan 7, 2021

Hi, I just got the NCH 700 and have the same issue. The call mutes whenever there is a notification from the PC or whenever i get an incoming call on the second device.

Is there any update planned to fix this problem?

thanks in advance!!